Chapter 32: Show them No Mercy!

“Excuse me miss,” a man limped as he walked said. He used crutches, his legs didn’t look good.

“Yes?” Isabelle stared and was surprised that her eyes widened. “Trip?” she immediately recognized him.

“Isabelle?” Trip walked closer to have a better look, almost letting go of the plastic that contained takeout food.

“I thought you were dead,” Isabelle hugged him even though she didn’t fully know him yet. One of Trip’s crutches fell to the floor that hit Isabelle’s foot, but it didn’t matter. “Tin-tin was worried, she said you might have not make it.”

“She’s alive?” Trip said in shock. The plastic fell to the floor that splattered fried rice and noodles from a Chinese restaurant unto the floor. Trip felt sorry but Isabelle didn’t mind even though it messed with her shoes.

“Well alive is one thing but surviving is another thing,” she explained.

Isabelle and Trip sat on the SUV’s floor as Jessica single handedly place the boy comfortably at the back seat. She didn’t talk about getting help, but she was somewhat displeased that nobody helped her. Trip placed his crutches leaning on the car parked next to them; he seemed to have forgotten why he was there at the first place.

“I thought she was dead, there were men in all white and they took her inside the fog,” Trip recalled. The memories of yesterday brought fears back into his eyes as his hands slightly shook and the hairs of his arms stood up to the roots.

“Those were our men, trying to rescue those they can, they only stumbled upon three person including Tin-tin,” Isabelle explained as her eyes grew wiry. She sighed for a moment thinking of all the good men they lost on the building.

Trip looked behind him as he heard the heavy breaths coming from the back seat then suddenly like the cold gush of wind hitting his face, he remembered his purpose to coming over.

“Hey, I know-“Trip was about to say something when Jessica butted in.

“Isabelle, you have to look at this,” Jessica said in as she handed a standard green binoculars, “do you see those men marching in the bushes,” it was almost dark which only made it harder for Isabelle to see the marching men’s black shirt and camouflaged painted bodies, but one thing was for certain, a tribal tattoo was all she needed to see.

“Missans,” Isabelle said with a hiss, “what the hell are they doing now,” she complained and gave the binoculars to Trip who didn’t seem like he knew what he was actually looking at.

“What are we going to do now?” Trip set the binoculars down and took his crutches from the car. The group of Missans marching up to the hospital was humongous in number from afar, almost having the whole place surrounded.

“You’re not going to do anything, you come with her and I’ll stay back here,” Isabelle said as she loaded her guns and packed it in her belt. The last thing she took was a sword which she hung on her shoulders. Isabelle was fond with guns, but her real weapon was a sword.

“No, I’m staying,” Trip firmly said and Isabelle just gave him a saluting smile.

Isabelle closed the doors of the SUV and bumped it twice, signaling Jessica to start the car. “Okay, but don’t blame me if you don’t see the end of the day.”

Trip nodded and turned his back away where he saw the group of Missans was already fast approaching.

Jessica opened her windows widely and gave Isabelle an okay sign. “Get him to safety, make sure Bobby and Nel finds out about this and send for help will you,” Isabelle ordered.