Chapter 31: Isabelle Plans for Her Wedding

Jessica had been tugged twice that night, and both times she didn’t know why, she just went along with it. Nel led her under a series of stairs and corridors which she knew was the way to the Company’s prison cell. She was here several times before, it was a daily routine for her to give the prisoner’s food until a year ago when there were no prisoners to feed, and now somebody new came in.

Before Nel opened the door to the cells, he was making sure if he was about to make the right decision. “You have to promise me, you’ll never tell that I let you in here, and asked you to release our prisoner.” He said.

Jessica was full of doubts. The prison cell used to hold the most notorious of evil villains, once there was a psychopath who tried to kill Bobby with a plastic fork, he was sent in the prison cell for at least half a year before he was sent to a mental hospital. Feeding that guy was a nightmare for Jessica. She shook off the memory and focused. “What are you talking about?”

“Just promise me, no questions asked.”

Jessica gave it a quick thought, Nel wasn’t a bad person and for sure nothing he wants her to do will bring her harm so she made up her mind. “Fine.”

The doors opened and the cells were empty except for the one at edge. A red headed girl sat on the corner of the cell, obviously depressed. She tilted her head up just enough for Jessica to see her face. “Isabelle?”

“Jessica?” Isabelle stood up from the corner and gave her best friend a hug through the metal bars.

“Less hugging, more escaping.” Nel unlocked the doors with a set of keys he had on his belt. It opened quite smoothly and the two girls continued their hug outside of the prison cell which Nel gave a few second exception. “Okay, you two need to get out of here and find that kid who was shot, somehow, Ngendi knew he was important so you need to find him and bring him back, it may be the only way to redeem yourself.”

“Okay, but we need a car to get there, and the way to the parking lot is filled with people, they can’t see Isabelle.” Jessica said.

Nel offered his hands. “Hold my hands, I can take you at least to the parking lot without blacking out.”

The two ladies looked at each other as if it was a crazy idea but they had nothing left to do but trust. They took Nel’s hand and slowly fire rose up from their feet, unlike Luna’s, Nel’s was blue and purple in shade. Panic was in Isabelle and Jessica’s head when they’re visions were completely covered by fire, ten seconds later and the fire slowly disappeared revealing the parking lot. Nel was seriously out of breath, he took a key out of his belt and gave it to Jessica. “Go,”

The two nodded and left Nel who sat in one of the car, almost about to pass out. All of the Company’s car looked the same, a black SUV, I think Isabelle remembered when they’ve got a big discount from the manufacturer and they just bought a ton of them. The car given to them was somewhere in the middle. They drove off quickly while nobody noticed.

The ride to the hospital was quiet, even though Jessica had a million question to Isabelle, she let her sleep at the back. She looked restless and depressed, Jessica made her day, but it didn’t take the fact that she was in dire need of sleep.

Isabelle wasn’t hard to wake up, a few hours of rest was enough for her. The hospital wasn’t buzzing with people, only a few cars were parked outside. The inside was peaceful, but only a few nurses ushered the place. Isabelle led the way to the boy’s room. Aaron wasn’t guarding the room but the boy was there still asleep, or comatose.