Chapter 33: Isabelle Became Speechless

Isabelle was secretly terrified inside, she’s been in war but there was always the fear that tomorrow won’t be another day for her. The Missan’s battle cries pierced through the night frightening the civilians down at the basement. Swords, axes, guns and even chainsaws were only a few weapons Isabelle could name, all looked mean and scary and the troop they had looked gorgeous and unprepared.

Ave didn’t give a battle cry signal, the bullet proof doors flew open with her psychic punch turning at least ten Missans into dust. Nobody stopped attacking nor took in what happened, a ton of men made it inside the hospital and a lot of Charlie took a lot of initial hit, dissolFinng them into thin air.

The Charlies kept on appearing as one disappeared but Ave knew the real Charlie can only create so much duplicate of himself before maximizing his ability and eventually paralyzing his abilities or worse, kill him with too much over usage.

Isabelle’s adrenaline pumped in her first kill with a samurai sword, then after her second, her fears were turned to excitement. She wasn’t holding back anymore, she sliced and punctured every Missan that her sword came contact with. The gun on her back wasn’t even used and yet about eight Missans were already slain within just a matter of minutes.

Ave wasn’t about to let them steal the thunder, even thought she felt a little wobbly from the huge dome she had created, she didn’t mind at all. Isabelle noticed that even though there were holes in her clothes, there was no blood. Regeneration was Isabelle’s only conclusion.

A concrete table became Ave’s choice of weapon flipping it and smacking people in the head of everyone she had encountered. The dust on the air was thin and yet it scattered all around the floor making it slippery and hard to move with. The Charlies were resourceful and used the weapons of the fallen against them, soon there were gunshots and ripping of chainsaws around the hospital.

Even though Isabelle was really focused with fighting, she noticed the guy she planned to marry was fighting, which was a bonus. Little by little, she closed in on him, he was medium built but he was really strong, like superman strong. The way he punched a Missan was extraordinary, they would fly and dissolved in mid-air.

“Hey,” Isabelle said as she sliced an incoming Missan from behind the boy.

He smiled, and Isabelle blushed unintentionally. “Thanks.” He took a gun out of his belt and started using it.

“Isabelle.” She introduced herself.

“Hey, you can call me Finn.” He punched a Missan out of Isabelle’s side and gave her a handshake. “Nice to meet you,”

Isabelle became speechless, knowing Finn’s name was enough to disarm her. “Okay,” Isabelle looked like she was about to pass out, “I’ll go now.” It was clear that Isabelle made a fool of herself, she ran away and fight Missan’s on the other side of the parking lot, leaFinng Finn with a ‘What’s that all about?’ look.

A small tiny metal canister caught Ave’s attention as it was thrown on her direction and rolled, slightly bumping into her foot as one Missans failed to slice her with a machete. The small canister blinked with a red light slowly then very rapidly with beeping sounds.