Chapter 9: Infatuation

“Martha?” Luna asked panicking. The lights suddenly turned on and Luna’s eyes adjusted to a white room with bunked beds and wooden furniture that was painted black. A girl who lay by the lower bunked bed stood up and was surprised by the sudden appearance of Luna.

“What the hell?” The girl exclaimed. She then took a gun under her pillow and quickly pointed it at Luna’s direction who produced flames out of her hands derived from her instincts.

“Woah, woah, woah, hold up guys,” Martha said as she came up from Luna’s behind. “Isabelle, this is Luna. Luna that’s Isabelle, so if we may put our weapons down, this will be a nice welcoming party.” Belle lowered her gun and tossed it by her bed, she was not impressed but more like pissed with the sudden appearance of a stranger in her room. Luna extinguished her fire and was calmer.

Isabelle examined Luna more carefully. “Let me guess, Pele’s guardian?” She asked even with the obvious answer.

“Yes and your temporary roommate. Her quarters were not yet prepared maybe for a month or so till we find a room that isn’t useful enough to become her new room. Will that be enough for you not to kill each other?” Martha asked.

“Quite enough,” Isabelle said and smiled sarcastically.

There was an awkward silence in the room, awkward enough for Martha to leave drastically. She shut the door behind her leaving the awkwardness behind. Luna smiled but Isabelle wasn’t as warm as she was. She was very thin with very long legs like she was built to be a model but her face despite of having a great body was full of freckles in the nose area even though she was a brunette and not a ginger which was peculiar. She might be just the same age but younger.

“You take the top and obviously I’m in here at the bottom,” Isabelle said. “I will resume my morning nap so good morning.” She continued and then returned to her nap. Luna didn’t stay in the room but went out to chase after Martha.

Upon exiting the room, Luna was just surprised on how well dressed everyone was, wearing tuxedos for the men and pantsuit for the ladies. She searched for Martha on the crowd and quickly found her by the corner talking to another woman. Luna approached her as the woman left Martha.

“Is something wrong with your new room or roommate?” Martha asked and walked with Luna. They went inside another hallway which led to a large lobby where all transactions were made. Computers of every size was perfectly arranged, the lobby was busy with men and woman bringing suitcases or papers in their hands. Some wore lab coats but beneath it were fancy clothes. The high golden ceiling with murals of different religion merged into an explicit collage was one thing to look at but there were other wonders such as a huge portrait of a King which Luna read Henry VII from afar and a huge Venus fly trap, like human size which somehow drawn Luna’s attention into it. Luna tried not to overwhelm herself but she never saw an actual place filled with such beauty.

“Luna, is there something wrong?” Martha asked for Luna was lost in a trance of amazement.

“Oh yeah, I was wondering where Ethan is,” Luna asked.

“Ethan was brought at the West side of the building also called the men’s place. We’re at the East side of the building or the woman’s department and this lobby where we are right now is called the core.” Martha also examined the beauty of the core as if it was a long she hadn’t. “Do you want to see Ethan?” she asked.

Luna looked at her and smiled. “That would be great.” She said then followed Martha at the West side of the building. They passed through many rooms with huge large windows which made Luna stop and looked at the experiments that were going on. Martha didn’t hesitate to move along but stayed with Luna to entertain some questions she might have.