Chapter 7: Stack of Boxes

Luna didn’t know how to respond, to meet another guardian was overwhelming but can she trust someone whom she just met for a few seconds. Luna was very skeptical. Cheveyo always said to never trust anyone even a guardian. The evidences were still quite blurry, a mark of a guardian could be easily tattooed and showing all of a sudden arouses a lot of suspicion.

Luna took Ethan’s hand and suddenly fire engulfed them. They quickly transported away from Central Park and into a deserted alley with a lot of vandalism and cats loitering the place.

“What’s the matter with you? That was another guardian,” Ethan complained, he took his crutches and tried to figure out where they were.

“I’m sorry I panicked,” Luna said. She sat down and leaned on the wall. She stretched her legs revealing some burnt marks on her jeans, it meant that she didn’t execute the transporting fire well.

“Well where did you take us anyway?” Ethan asked her.

“Where still in New York, Manhattan maybe,” Luna said, she dusted herself of and stood up. The burnt marks on her jeans didn’t made her look like a wreck, in fact the burnt marks blended in nicely with her black coat.

“Don’t you need to know where we are to get to where we are now?” Ethan asked. It’s been a long time since his last step in New York. He was still a young guardian of Volturnus when he started traveling the world but it all changed when he found Luna.

“I know this place,” Luna said slowly and suddenly she started running. Ethan was caught off guard and found himself chasing after Luna. He was dodging through large crowds of people trying to get to their work. It was hard for Ethan just to maneuver over given his disabilities.

“Luna!” Ethan called out. He saw her standing in front of a large building of apartments, staring at the top.

Ethan made it to Luna’s location exhausted. “What happen back there?” Ethan asked as he tried to catch his breath. He stared at Luna who seemed to be preoccupied at the moment. Her eyes were focused on one specific floor, the third floor.

“This is where I used to live,” Luna said, “right there.” Luna pointed over one of the windows, she seemed a little shock with the scenery she was looking at. She walked slowly towards the front door where she didn’t recognize the guard, he must be new.

Ethan took Luna by the shoulder. “What will you do in there? Nothing will bring back the past.” Ethan said. Luna shrugged off and proceeded inside, she was determined that something was here, a part of her was still left inside the building.

“Luna!” Ethan called out but Luna didn’t dare to turn back, she kept on walking. The guard seemed to be nice and let them in nicely without any question. The receptionist was also new. Luna remembered that back then it was a short man with a bald head whom she greeted every morning but now it was a woman who had class and fair make up on.

“May I help you,” the receptionist said. On closer inspection, she had a mole strategically placed right below her lip. She smiled at Luna which made her notice some lipstick mark left on her upper set of teeth.

“Yes, can you tell me about any information about the people who used to live in apartment 316?” Luna politely asked. Ethan crept behind her startling Luna.

“What are you looking for?” Ethan whispered.

“Just leave me alone, wait outside.” Luna said. The receptionist seemed to be staring at both of them which made them uncomfortable. Luna stand at ease and Ethan started to walk away.