Chapter 14: Drunken Dreams

Luna woke up to the wild knocks at the door, there were loud laughter and murmuring. She immediately knew that it was Isabelle with Jessica and Hugh. Luna checked the time and was displeased that she was awoken from her great sleep at three a.m. in the morning. She sighed and stretched her arms then popped some knuckles.

“Open up,” it was Isabelle who giggled shortly after. Luna turned the lights on and opened it slightly and checked if she was right, the odor of alcohol was definitely overwhelming. It was Isabelle who had her hair all puffed and all over the place. “Open up, silly.” She ordered and knocked with an empty bottle on her hand. Jessica was on her shoulder who kept on laughing even though there was nothing to laugh about. Hugh was silent as he leaned on the wall behind them, on closer inspection, he was passed out and already softly snoring.

Isabelle stuck her hand on Luna’s face causing some slight irritation but she didn’t mind for she knew she was drunk. Luna opened the door and Isabelle fall to the floor where Luna’s reflexes were there to stop it from happening. Jessica giggled some more. Luna helped her stood up and laid her down to her bed; she immediately passed out with her high heeled stilettos which Luna removed afterwards.

Jessica entered the room uninvitingly and passed out on the floor, she had tiny chuckles but she was absolutely passed out. She was different when she first saw her, she wasn’t as gothic as before but the complete opposite; vibrant pink lipstick that didn’t matched with her neon green and orange dress, she was barefooted and her shoes where nowhere to be found. Her hair was wet and Luna didn’t try to find out what had caused it.

“Okay now, you can’t sleep on the floor. Let’s go.” Luna tried to have a conversation with a drunken girl but immediately found out that it was useless. Jessica grunted which may indicate that she understood what Luna had said.

“We’re going to be best friends,” Jessica drunkenly said and raised her hand for a high five but fell the instant she couldn’t bear the weight of her own arms.

“Okay, I guess.” Luna took the pillow from her bed and placed it under Jessica’s head. She giggled then puked grossing Luna away. Jessica smiled as if nothing happened and turned her head away. She didn’t care anymore and turned the lights off, she saw how Jessica and Isabelle’s hair, lips and palms were glowing; might have explained why it was wet.

Luna closed the door behind her and faced her next problem. It was Hugh who was dead asleep with his mouth open and drool spilling out, she found it remotely funny but at three a.m. in the morning and puked on her rugs and pillow, she was frustrated.

“Okay, let’s go tough guy.” She took Hugh’s arm and wrapped it around her shoulder where she helped him walked. He gently awoken and realized he was walking. He kept his eyes shut and moved his feet where Luna would take him.

Luna was careful not to get his drool on her; she strategically placed his head away from her which was a complete failure when Hugh tilted his head resting on her neck. His waxed hair gave Luna the chills when it made contact on her skin, she brought Hugh down just by the entry way to the core when she can no longer take it.

Luna knew she needed help, she was tired and sleepy at the moment. She knew it was a long shot but she hoped Charlie was still awake at the hour doing his paperwork. She left Hugh for a moment and proceeded to the place she remembered Charlie worked. From the distance she saw that the lights were still on together with several other offices, it gave her hope that she’ll find help.