Chapter 22: Suicide Run

Charlie stood at the middle of the core with thoughts on how Luna had forgotten about his request. A friendly reminder on how the dinner special will be served at eight p.m. roared in the speaker which got people buzzing on how it’s not really special.

Luna had a steady and calm walk as she treated the buzzing hallway as her runway. Co-workers stared at her like she was a star, well she was. Her penguin walk slowly grew to a mediocre lady who can walk but not in model standars.

“Luna?” a man asked as he stopped and gazed.

Luna was flattered and blushed. “Yeah, too much?” she twirled and the man whistled.

“Luna,” Charlie finally called out upon seeing her face and was really surprised at what he saw.

“Charlie,” Luna did a little awkward curtsy and felt really silly. “This is just too much,” Luna said and walked away.

“Luna,” Charlie called over and chased after her, “this is just perfect.”

Luna smiled with the complement she received. “Where are we going anyway? The canteen or anywhere I am overly dressed for?” Luna chuckled out but was totally red.

Charlie held out his hand which Luna took politely. “Somewhere nice,” he smiled and led the way up to main lobby where a black SUV was already waiting for them outside as if it was totally planned out.

“Where are we going?” Luna frantically asked as the SUV drove far away from the insurance building the Company was fronted for.

Charlie stayed calm with a confident smile on. “Right over there,” he pointed over to a beautiful white boat house looking restaurant with hundreds of LED lights that illuminated the trees and the shrubs which reflected nicely by the river. “Got some reservations in one the most exclusive restaurants in New York City, because I reckon this will be a special night.”

Luna blushed a lot. It wasn’t everyday she received a compliment. Where she lived back then, Cheveyo never complemented on the way she looked because Cheveyo’s perspective was ‘looks can never kill, strength will’

“Everything is just too much,” Luna exclaimed as the SUV parked near a fountain with rose petals and more lights.

“Shall we,” Charlie held his hands so Luna can safely walk down the car. “We shall.” She jokingly said and they stride on into the middle of the breath taking hall filled with gold painted columns and fresh roses at the side. A live mini orchestra played at the far corner of the room, playing Mozart or Beethoven, which gave out the impression of so much class.

“Right this way please,” a man with a pin stripe suit and a distinct French accent led them to their sits with an astonishing view of the lively river where a boat was sailing with people dining in.

“Charlie, this is way too much,” Luna said while comparing herself with the other mature and more elegant women inside the room who brought more glamour than she did.