9: MEET KING CARTER

Start from the beginning

"Thank you."

"No problem." I finally looked up, and Deena was staring at Mona in my arms. Cameron ran over to the four of us, and her gaze switched to him.

Deena didn't even look bad. She looked better.

My gaze went from her to Ant, my first born.

"Who's the lucky lady?" Deena asked , after picking Ant up and putting him on her hip.

"Ashanti. " When I said that she got tears in her eyes. Her and Ashanti ain't really like each other. Hell, I ain't even like Ashanti anymore.

The bitch actually trapped me. I was not trying to get here pregnant with Mona, but it happened.

"Well have fun with that. "

I kinda got stuck in place for a moment , But somehow when she started walking away, I grabbed her arm. "I'm sorry."

I could tell that she was hurt bad. I mean, I left her pregnant, and then I went and had two kids that I was taking care of.

"That's what they always say, King." Hearing her say that brought tears to my eyes.

Believe it or not, I was in love with Deena since Kindergarten. I vowed to not let anything or anyone hurt her, and look what the fuck I did.

"D, I know I messed up, But I don't wanna mess this up more than it already is. C-Can you just give me your number, and we will start from there?"

We exchanged numbers , and that's when I thought I had all my shit together.

That night, 'work' was cancelled or some shit, so I called my girl up. Nicole was here name. She was mad at me for whatever.

She just wanted the pipe... And that's exactly what happened. And that's exactly when Zion was conceived. And then Nick.

And then Jada. Her momma's name is Jenae.

And then Makai. His momma's name is Maria.

And then there is Asia. Her momma's name is-

~

~

~

I woke up from my dream and looked around this spacious room. That dream happens occasionally, and I don't be happy about it.

When I said that last little sentence to my baby girl, I didn't expect her to react like she did.

Hell, I didn't expect myself to act the way I did.

No teenager wants or deserves to hear their father call them a hoe.

No, I don't think of my youngest child as a hoe. However, I was a little disappointed to find out she was a stripper at the age of 15.

But, she was just tryna make something from nothing.

If anything, I was the hoe.

I started fuckin' at 11. I got Ant's momma pregnant at the age of 14.

And now I got 8 kids at the age of 36.

But I love all my kids from Ant, down to Makai hyperactive ass, ending with Asia.

I done been able to see seven of my kids grow up , and look just like me.

Even though I missed out on Asia, I was just hoping to get as close to her as possible. She was supposed to be my baby that me and her beautiful ass momma raised together, and got married.

Shit, everything don't go as planned.

Asia's mamma got ghost and I lost all contact with her. I tried contacting her mom, didn't work.

Her father? Hell no.

"You got so many hoes, that my only child is in this shit now. Dammit King."

That's what she said before she walked out of my life, as well as my kids'. They loved her crazy ass.

I know she is somewhere in Atlanta though.

"Mamma, we gonna be back Tuesday."

I had called my momma on the first day Nick found Asia. She had been dying to meet her , and of course she was upset when she found out I called her a hoe; even though I didn't.

"Alright, baby. And you need to talk to her. When I see you imma beat yo' ass." She scolded me, and I could tell she was pointing her fingers at something.

"Aight, momma." We said our goodbyes and then I hung up the phone.

My momma is my everything. She's Korean, and her name is Stephanie. I never had the chance to establish a relationship with my father because he got locked up on murder charges and was given the death penalty when I was 6.

My mom had me at 16 and she stood by my pops when he was beating her ass, cheating, and staying out at all times if the night.

And then she didn't fail to support me, even when the nigga got locked up.

"How your sister doing?" I walked back into room N472 ,after checking in my new recruits in Humble. They had my baby hooked up to all these different wires and shit.

That made my heart stop for a lil bit. This is my fault.

"She's doing better, but she went back to sleep. She asked to see you." Makai told me.

I nodded my head and sat in the chair next to the hospital bed.

"Pops, stop worrying. She will be fine." Jada came over to me and handed me a McDonald's bag. I opened it up ans it had a Big Mac and a large fry in it.

These kids know me so well. "'preciate it."

"No problem , pops."

For about the next twenty minutes all you heard was Asia's soft snores, the slurping of soda from our cups, and Makai and Zion childish asses smacking on their food.

Just as I was about to say something to them, a doctor came in.

"Okay, I have good news and bad news."

"Oooooooooooh, good news first please." Everybody looked at Makai. "Son, please shut up."

"Well the good news is that we were able to able to remove all of the medication from her system. And we want to keep her for about two more days, just to make sure that everything is going fine."

I made a mental note to tell my new workers that they we are leaving in 3 days. They parents either don't give a fuck about them, or they dead.

"Bad news is that visiting hours are over."

I hoped that was the only bad news for a while.