Break Up: Scholarship

Start from the beginning

"Um..ok." She said.

"Bye bye." He said and hung up.

She stared at her phone. "Just what on earth does Mich want to tell me that he can't do it on the phone?"

Mikaela laid in bed, that was about all he was doing since the day he broke up with Yuu. He couldn't do anything but sulk, seeing Yuu cry, it broke his heart. That was all he ever did when they were together, cry and get hurt. But no more,  even if it would take time for him to recover from their harsh break up, once he found someone else, he would be happy.

His phone rang, he wasn't really in the mood to answer it. He had ignored everyone for days bow, hadn't left his room, hadn't talked, hadn't slept, hadn't eaten. He looked at the phone, it was an unknown number, but he could tell who he was. The one who was ruining his life right now.

"Hi Mikaela." Narumi said. "How are you doing? I bet you're doing great now you've left that child."

"Why are you calling me?" Mikaela asked.

"You sound gloomy." Narumi said. "Don't tell me you're crying."

"I never cry." He said.

"What a strong boy." Narumi said. "Anyway, you should cheer up, you'll be having a visitor soon. Airi-chan."

"Airi?" He asked.

"Yes." He said. "This is your second chance Mikaela, make things right with Airi-Chan, you loved her for a long time. This kid has only been in your life for about what? Two years? Airi has been with you since you were kids. Surely the feelings you had for her back then can be brought back."

"No. It can't." He said. "I don't love her, not anymore. I'm in love with Yuichiro."

"No no you can't be Mikaela." Narumi said. "See how peaceful it is now you've broken up? Anyway, Airi-chan will be returning to Japan, she believes you have something to tell her. Try talking to her, try starting afresh, after all she isn't over you you know. I'm sure soon, you'll forget all about that kid, you and Airi-chan are meant for each other Mikaela. Well bye, be expecting her ok."

Yuu watched the woman before him in shock as she hurriedly ate the food on the table. "They didn't feed you in the hospital Miss. Nabatame?" He asked.

She chewed and swallowed. "I'm sorry." She said. "Where are my manners?" She looked at her bandaged up hand. "It's just that, I hate hospital food, they always make me vomit. I usually go hungry or have someone get me something outside."

"I see." He said. "Well I'm glad I could treat you to lunch, it's an apology for what happened."

"It's ok." She smiled. "I'm feeling much better now, I just wish I'll be set free from that place." She sighed and drank her soda. "So, have you changed your mind yet?"

"No." He said.

"You really are stubborn." She pouted. "Everyone would want to be in your shoes right now, every graduate of Mallory has always made it out big in life, they become really rich you know."

"I don't really care about money." He said.

"WHO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MONEY?" She yelled. "You are one strange child. Why don't you tell me why you don't want to go? It's really confusing?" She laughed. "What's wrong? Can't stay away from mummy and daddy?"

"My parents are dead." He said.

Saki choked on her drink and began coughing. "I'm so sorry, I had no idea and-"