Chapter 23

Caleb pulls me by my arm as he searches for Deon around the class. He looks so pissed that I can’t even seem to get his attention. I pull his arm because right now people are now looking at us because Caleb looks as if he’s like dragging me. I pull his arm and say his name and drag him outside the class and close the door looking at him.

“Can you please stop…” I say looking up at him grabbing his face, “Deon’s not here today anyhow so need to be like that.” I say staring at his eyes.

“And how would you know that… Why is he texting you like that…” He asks of course still pissed.

“I’m not saying anything until you calm yourself down.” I say looking at him.

After what seems like hours Caleb finally takes deep breaths and looks at me looking calmer. I ask him if he’s better and he nods his head clearly waiting for me to answer his obvious questions.

“Okay so first thing first you had no right to take my phone and look through my phone. I have a right to privacy.” I say looking at him raising my eyebrow as if daring him to say something.

I cross my arms and make sure the door is closed, “Nothing is going on between Deon and I so please do not worry. I’m helping him with something that I can’t tell people because it’s not my place to tell. If you want to know just wait and I promise you’ll know what’s going on.” I say clearly.

I grab his face once again and smile softly bringing his face closer to mine, “Now if I remember clearly I think you’re the one who said and I quote, ‘You can’t let the others get to you. It’s me and you; no one else.’ “I say that and look into his eyes clearly waiting for him to say something.

“So you’re not telling me.”

I shake my head and bite my lip, “Nope. But I will tell you that you honestly do not have to worry about anything.” I say

Caleb silently nods his head, “You promise.”

“With all my heart… Now are we cool.” I say and wait for him to say something.

He nods his head and I smile, Thank God, “Great now can we get back to class because I don’t want to stay out in the hallway.” I say.

“Yeah, I need to show Alexandra around.” He says smiling and again kisses my forehead smiling a bit as we walk in class.

You know everything was good and then he mentioned her name. There’s something really off about her like I feel she’s worse than Emily and that other girl. I think Alexandra is trouble but I’m not going to say it or else it will just cause another argument. So I nod my head and give a tight smile as I walk to my desk beside him and lay my head on the desk.

So that’s one crisis averted.

I close my eyes not looking at anyone and I still feel eyes on me but it’s whatever. I am bored as hell since Caleb is talking to Alexandra filling her in on the school and al that tour guide shit. Who the heck changes schools in April to being with…  There’s like two months left…

I put in my headphones in my ears and just read a book since nothing is happening right now and the look that Alexandra is throwing me is giving me the growing need to snap her neck in two. I’m all immersed in my book when I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I turn to see Melanie and I grin.

“Finally you’re here! I was getting bored here…” I say taking out a headphone

She sits down on the desk in front of me and turns it to talk to me, “I know but coop is actually fun and I though t that you’re boo could keep you busy.” She says with a grin.