Chapter Thirty-Seven - My Date with Jeremy

Start from the beginning

·         Kiss a boy/girl

 I withdrew a long breath, my eyes as round as saucers as I turned to face Jeremy, who was grinning to himself smugly. “Y-you still kept this all this while?”

“Well, sure. We promised to complete every item in this didn’t we? I couldn’t bear to throw it away.” He blinked at me, a look of nostalgia glimmering in his eyes.

My lips were tugged into a slight smile as I resisted the urge to tousle Jeremy’s hair and say ‘Aww’. I’ve wanted to do that a lot lately. I removed my gaze from Jeremy’s face and fixed it back onto the wrinkled up piece of paper.

When I noticed how amateurish my handwriting and spelling was back then, I couldn’t help but cringe my nose up and grimace. Even at five years old, Jeremy’s handwriting was so sophisticated and his spelling was always perfect.

 “Wow, my handwriting and spelling was garbage back then.” I criticized, sticking out my tongue a little.

Jeremy chuckled and replied, “Glad you know. You spelt competition, perform, together, trouble and cinema wrongly.”

I blinked in surprise at him. “You remembered?”

“Of course.” He snorted, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. “I read this almost every day.”

My mouth formed an ‘O’ as I looked away from him, a soft shade of pink creeping up my face. From his words, it sounded like Jeremy really cherished out friendship a lot.

Shaking my head frantically, I chased out all wild thoughts from my mind and smiled shyly at Jeremy, feeling self-conscious all of a sudden.

I opened my mouth to speak. “So, today’s mission is to complete everything on this list?” I checked with him, feeling skeptical about the idea.

“Yep.” Jeremy said simply, popping the ‘p’.

My mouth hung open as my eyes fluttered in shock. “Every single one?” I pressed on for answers, unable to believe my ears.

“Mmhm.” Jeremy nodded his head confidently. I scrunched my eyebrows together doubtfully and opened my mouth to shoot back a retort, but quickly closed my mouth again.

Jeremy glanced at me sideways and caught my incredulous expression. He snickered and waved a hand at me. “Relax Ally. Of course I’ve planned out everything. Don’t worry, I’m sure everything can be done by today. We’re going to have so much fun.”

I lowered my gaze, pouting. “O-okay…” My voice trailed off as I muttered under my breath. “If you say so.”

~*~*~

“Right.” Jeremy clapped his hands together as I slammed the car door shut. ”Let’s start from the easiest task.”  

I quickly checked the list, my eyes scanning through all ten tasks. I cancelled out all the hard ones mentally and listed the remaining out in my mind.

“How are we supposed to watch the sunset? It’s still the crack of dawn!” I exclaimed, ruling out that ‘watching the sunset’ was the easiest among all of them.

Jeremy sighed in defeat. “No, Ally. We’ll leave that to the last. What’s the second easiest task we could do?” He asked, looping his arm with mine as he drew closer to me so that both of us could get a good look at the bucket list.

“Uhhhh.” I scratched my hair irritably, pressing my lips to a tight line. I looked up at Jeremy uncertainly, giving him a one-shouldered shrug. “Eating all thirty-one flavors of Baskin Robbins?”