Chapter Ten - The Sleepover

Chapter Eleven – The Sleepover

~Alyssa~

 “Jelly-Poo kill him! Bash him up!” I cried out, shifting closer to Jeremy and slapping his back furiously.

“I know I know stop screaming in my ear Alyssa! You’re pressurizing me!” Jeremy hurriedly used his free hand to swat me away.

“Haha! I won’t admit defeat so easily! Watch me bash up your dear boyfriend babe!” Cole smirked down at me and I frowned.

“Jeremy don’t show any mercy!”

“Go Cole you can do it! I believe in you!” Isabella squealed amongst the chaos.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!”

K.O. Winner: Jeremy Jones.

“Yes! You’re the best Jeremy!” I pounced onto him, knocking the breath out of him.

“Just using my brains, Ally. Nice job Cole, care for a rematch sometime?” Jeremy half-smirked, half-smiled.

“Aww its okay Cole, you can do better next time.” Isabella reassured with a soft smile and patted his back.

“Dammit.” Cole threw the game controller indignantly onto the sofa, pouting.

“Sore loser!” I stuck out my tongue and made a funny face at him.

“Shut up Alyssa, or I swear, I’ll crush your bones.” Cole spat back, cracking his knuckles.

“C’mon! Who’s scared of you? Mind you, I’m a black belt! “I taunted back, mouth full of nachos.

Cole rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth.

“Are you sure you two aren’t lovers from the past? Cause this really seems like a lovers’ spat! ” Isabella snapped, though there was a twinkle in her amused eyes.

“No way!”—“Never in my life…or the next!”  Cole and I screamed out in unison, before glowering at each other.

“C’mon Ally, let’s go into the kitchen to get some OJ to calm you down.” Jeremy laughed it off, dragging me to the kitchen. I was of course, still glaring at Cole.

~*~*~

“Here, some juice for you, cool down Ally. Remember the whole motive for this sleepover?” Jeremy reminded gently.

I gulped down my orange juice, smacked my lips and sighed contentedly. “Right.” I scratched my head sheepishly.

So it was the day of the sleepover aka Mission: Get Cole and Isabella together.

We glanced at their direction; Cole and Isabella were sharing the bag of nachos that I had abandoned, Isabella switching channels, obviously bored, blowing her fringe out of her eyes, Cole stealing glances of her, a dreamy look written all over his face.

Matchmaking them together was going to be tough.

“Um, there are crumbs on your lips.” Jeremy’s voice broke me out of my trance.

“Oh really?” I frantically used the back of my hand to wipe my mouth.

“No, no. A little to your right.”

“Here?”

“A little bit more.”

“Where?” I let out an exasperated breath, feeling a little restless.

“I… I’ll get it for you.”

He reached out his hand to gently wipe the crumbs off. It was then when I realized how close we were. A little more and we would be touching each other. My face turned to the color of beetroot and my heart was pounding at an amazing speed.