Steal My Girl

Shannon pov:
Dammit! It's only the second day of school and I'm already called to the office. But I'd do anything for that girl. I get to the office and I see the principle sitting across of that dude I punched. "Ms. Beveridge, sit down please," he says politely while I sit down right next to the dude. "So what happened Jordan?" The principal asks waiting patiently with a pen and a notepad in front of him. "Well I was with my girl Cammie and then this lesbian comes up to me and tries to steal my girl. We try and walk away and then she taps on my shoulder and punches me in the face," Jordan says with an evil smirk. " Well first of all, don't call her by lesbian. Her name is Shannon. But is this true, Ms. Beveridge?" I want to punch him again. If I tell the principle the truth then our football team won't have a captain and I'm gonna be the reason why our team doesn't win state championship but at the same time I could get suspended off the softball team or from school. Well sucks for me. "Yes it's true. I'm sorry Jordan for punching you in the face, is there anyway I could make it up to you?" I say kinda sarcastically but sincere. " I forgive you but I want you to stay away from my girl, I don't want her turning gay. You got that?" I roll my eyes and just nod my head yes. The principle tells Jordan to go to class so we can have a one on one talk. "Ms. Beveridge I don't know what to say. You're the schools star student and captain of the softball team, are sure that's what happened?" He asks trying to get the answers out of me. "Well not exactly but we have states this weekend and we need him for our captain. I don't want to be the reason why we lose," I say. He sighs and says " Ms. Beveridge I'll make a deal with you, If you tell me the truth," I tell him what actually happens and he looks pissed. "Well first of all you should've told me the truth but I'm glad you came clean. I'll let Jordan play states and next week he'll be suspended. For you Ms. Beveridge you'll have weekend detention," he says and I just nod. He excuses me and I head to class. It's still first period and I have to avoid Cammie at all times. I walk in and everyone is doing their own things, so I go to my desk and start my project. We only have 15 minutes of class left and all I drew is a softball with bats going through it. I see Cammie walk towards me and I just keep my head down. "Hey are you okay?" She asks and I keep my head down. "Yeah I'm fine, can you just leave me alone," I say irritated and I see her walk away. The bell rings and I just walk out of class. The periods went by fast because today was a kinda chill day and now I'm heading to lunch.

My friends was at our table and as I approached them they could see there was something wrong. "What happened?" They all ask in sync. "Nothing," I say and put my headphones on and play sad music from my Spotify. Ally grabs me and brings me to our secret place in the school, it's just a ladder that brings us to the top of the building where you can overlook the town. "What's wrong Shannon," ally says concerned. "I have to stay away from Cammie. That dude from this morning said that I won't have any chance with her and he said stay away from his girl," I can feel myself tear up and then ally pulls me into a hug. "It'll be fine buddy. We'll find you a new girl because no one can say no to your face," she says squeezing my cheeks and making laugh a little. "There's that beautiful smile of yours. Come on let's go Shan," We get back to the cafeteria and I see Cammie holding hands with that Jordan dude. Well he was right, I wouldn't get a chance with her anyways. Ally sees what was happening and grabs my hand telling me everything gonna be okay. I just smile and look away. We're talking and eating then three younger girls come to our table. "Hi. We heard you guys were gay and we were wondering if we can sit with you guys? It's okay if you don't want us to but we wanted to be by people that accepted us." A girl with short hair that goes up to her shoulder says. " Nah it's fine. You guys are always welcomed to sit with us." I say and they smile and sit. "Hi I'm Amy," a short girl with long hair says with an Australian accent. "I'm Amanda," a girl with a boys hair cut says. "And I'm Alexis," the one that I was talking with earlier. We introduce ourselves and the three younger girls look so happy. "So what grade are you guys in?" Ally asks. "We're juniors," Amanda says. We all talk about random things until the bell rings and then we all head to class, waving goodbye to each other. I have math now and I'm not so excited to see Cammie in there. I get to class and sit as far away from her as possible. Again I know everything we're learning and now I'm just doodling in my sketchbook. We get two worksheets today and I start with it immediately and after 20 minutes, I'm finish and turn it in. "Ms. Beveridge since you're the only one exceeding my class can you help students around the class," I walk around helping students than I get to Cammie who looks frustrated. "Hey do you need help Cam?" She looks up and her eyes light up. "Yes please. I don't get what all these numbers mean," she says and hands me a pencil. I explain to her what to do and she still is confused. I grab a chair and start showing her what to do but I can feel her staring at me while I write things down. "You can take a picture, it'll last longer." I say and she laughs. "Sorry it's just that you're so nice and smart,"
We make eye contact and I feel her burning through my soul. I look away and hand her the pencil. She gets the hang of it and finish the worksheet. "Thanks Shannon," she gets up and turn in her work. We still have time left and I'm just talking to Cammie about our lives. "So you only live with your mom?" She ask and I nod. "Yeah when my parents got divorced I stayed here with her and my dad moved to LA. My sister is in college in New York with her boyfriend." I explained while she just listens. "Well I live on my own because my parents bought me an apartment like 7 months ago and my best friend, Stevie and I basically are roommates because she always sleeps over," she says and I am amazed. " Wow that's cool. Yeah me and ally, my best friend are always sleeping over each other houses because we like our best friend days," I say and she laughs a little. "Awww that's cute you have best friend days," she says. "Well yeah because she like a sister to me and I can't live without that goofball," we keep talking until the bell rings. "Well it was nice talking to you Shannon," oh shit I wasn't suppose to talk to her. Jordan won't
find out. The day goes on and I'm finally home. I'm exhausted, so i just shower and go straight to sleep.

Hi again. Still new to this but it's pretty fun. Hope you enjoy❤️
- Stephanie✌️