CHAPTER 12

Madison lifted her head as far as his heavy weight on her would allow her.  She turned her head to look at the remains of the wrecked carriage.

‘I am sorry.  Your carriage seems completely destroyed.’

‘Damn the carriage.  Are you okay?’ He lifted his weight off her.  His fingers travelled over her arms down her rib cage.

‘What---what do you think you are doing?’ she questioned feebly.

‘Touching your body,’ he smiled devilishly. 

‘Get your hands off me.’

‘I must make sure you have no broken bones.’  His hands moved from her rib cage over her pelvis.  She winced, not from pain.

‘It pains?’  His eyes held concern.  ‘Are you hurt?’

‘No,’ she slapped his hands away.

‘I see,’ he grinned.

‘What do you see?’ she glared at him icily.

‘That you like my touch,’ his hands continued his methodical inspection over her thighs.

‘Stop it!’ She hissed pushing at his chest, but he was like a concrete boulder over her.

‘Be quiet!  I need to make sure you are fine,’ his one palm pinned her chest to the ground, whilst his other hand checked her out.  Could he tell her heart was pounding against his hand?

‘Satisfied?’ She hissed when he completed his inspection.

‘Yes,’ he smiled. ‘I am pleased all your delightful body parts are intact.’

‘Delightful?’ Her question was a soft murmur but leading nonetheless.

‘Yes,’ his fingers feathered her face, as he lowered himself over her again.  ‘Whatever were you thinking?’ His eyes blazed into hers.  Her eyes lowered to his tantalizing lips.

That you need to kiss me.

Very slowly, her dark eyes rose to meet his again.  Her eyes screamed heightened awareness.  Explicit desire blazed through her body.  A soft groan escaped his throat and filled her ears.  He leaned in and kissed her, she moaned opening her lips beneath his.  He took advantage of her trembling quiescent body.  Helpless desire swept through her.  Her hands buried in his mane of unruly hair, his grip around her tightened.  His tongue entered her mouth.  A soft gasp choked in her throat as his moist tongue entangled with hers.  Madison pulled him closer.  Off its own accord, her pelvis lifted pressing into him. He groaned.  His mouth and lips and teeth enjoyed a free reign, caressing, nibbling at her neck.  His hands forced apart the buttons on her dress.  An erect supple rosy nipple was captured between his teeth.

‘Chadwick,’ she breathed his name against his throat.  Her fingers cupped his face, pulling his lips back to hers.

‘Madison, I want you,’ his soft husky voice, was like a piercing shrill dragging her back to reality.

She pushed him away scrambling to her feet. ‘I---I cannot.’  Clumsily her fingers attempted to fasten the buttons together on her dress.  She watched at the corner of her eye as Chadwick rose with much difficulty to his feet.

‘Why the hell did you agree to it?’ Chadwick’s voice thundered.

‘What?’ Madison looked at him in confusion. 

Did I say yes?  Lord in Heaven, I cannot remember it.

‘Your betrothal to the swine,’ he hissed.  His fingers circled around her wrist like a metal grip piercing into her flesh.  ‘Why did you agree to it?’