Chapter 65

BECAUSE I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. And I hope nabasa niyo yung Love Letter ko. Gaya nga ng sabi ko, medyo malapit nang matapos. Hihi. :** God bless, guys!

***

                It’s been a week since I’ve learned of Price’s condition. Our parents immediately arrived when they learned of it. They also immediately arranged for Price to be moved to a prestigious hospital in the States. And now, we’re here.

                Yes, I was happy that Price and I worked things out and were facing this trial together. But there was still that nagging voice in my head that reminded my that everything still wasn’t perfect.

                It was too hard to ignore the fact that Price was very sick.

                I was all smiles for Price. Hindi ako nagpakita ng kahit anong kalungkutan. Sinubukan kong pasayahin siya palagi. But deep inside, I was broken.

                Kaya buti nalang at dumating ang mga magulang namin. I can’t even begin to describe how relieved I felt when I saw them. Bigla akong nadadagdagan ng lakas kahit papano.

                And lalo pa akong nakaramdam ng lakas at pag-asa nung kinausap ako ng mga magulang ko.

*FLASHBACK*

                “Sweetheart,” sabi ni Mom at hinawakan ang mga kamay ko. “Let me just say that I’m so proud of you. You’ve already grown so much. You’re a better and stronger woman than you were before. Which is why I’m sure that the both of you will be able to go through this.”

                “But Mom, I’m not sure I can... W-What if...” naluluha kong sabi. “T-There’s still the possibility that... It’s possible that... t-that Price...” Hindi ko na maituloy ang sinasabi ko. Nagsimula na naman akong umiyak. “I just don’t know what to do!”

                Biglang hinawakan ni Dad ang mukha ko at pinatingin ako sakanya.

                “Look, honey, don’t think about that. Have faith,” sabi niya sa akin. “Just have faith. Pray. You know that God is with you, right? Pray. We can’t do anything about it. But He can. Have faith, sweetheart. Trust Him. He knows what to do.”

                Tama si Dad. Why did I forget about that?! God is with us and He can do anything! He is all-powerful! Nothing is impossible with Him!

                “Your dad’s right, baby,” dagdag ni Mom. “Right now, you can just do whatever you can. Be the loving and caring wife you are to Price, and never lose faith. Believe God, Saydie. Just trust Him.”

                They’re right. I’m going to be a great wife to Price during these times. I’m going to be there for him no matter what.