LA

"Alex, I'm leaving!" I shouted, hauling my bag further up my shoulder.

There was silence as my answer and I sighed. She was probably laying in her bed, wide awake, and staring at the ceiling. It's what she does every single day of the week. It was starting to get out of hand and I had half a mind to cancel on Ashley and stay here. But I had made a promise to Ashley that I would let Cassandra deal with Alex while I stayed the week in LA.

Stepping out of the house, I was greeted by Cassandra's car pulling up. My blonde friend brushed her hair back from her face as she walked towards me, smiling brightly.

"You ready to spend the whole week up in LA, in an apartment, alonewith your beautiful boyfriend?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

I rolled my eyes and began to place my bags into the bed of my truck, "You make it sound so naughty. We're just gonna' hang out and do coupley stuff."

"Sex falls under coupley stuff."

I glared at her, "You know we haven't even kissed yet."

She shrugged, "Things can happen."

"Whatever, Cass. Keep thinking that." I scoffed.

She grinned before waving at me and heading towards the front door. I pulled out of the driveway and with one last glance towards my house, I drove towards LA.

...

It took me three hours and by the time I pulled up in front of an unfamiliar house, my legs were asleep and I couldn't give a damn about where I slept. My eyes were heavy as I shouldered a bag over my shoulder and knocked on the wooden door.

There was the sound of dogs barking and I could hear Ashley's familiar voice over them. The door creaked open and I was greeted with Ashley's smiling face.

"Hey babe!" He opened the door further and I stepped in, immediately being assaulted by two little bodies.

"Tokio! Killer!" Ashley barked and the two Pomeranian's backed off, although they stood in front of me and fervently wagged their tails. One was white and the other black with a white chest and paws, both the most adorable dogs I've ever seen in my life.

"Awe!" I cooed, dropping to my knees. They rushed forward and soon enough I was clutched the dogs to my chest, kissing their faces and cooing over them.

"What? No hello for you boyfriend?" Ashley asked, standing above me with an amused glint in his eyes.

I smiled sheepishly up at him, "Sorry."

He shrugged and helped me to my feet, taking my bag and setting it by the door. After a much needed hug from him, I stuck close to his side as he showed me around his house. It was spacious and had comfortable looking furniture that looked well worn in. As he showed me the house, Tokio (which I discovered was the white Pomeranian) and Killer followed behind us. 

"Here's the guest bedroom," Ashley explained, pushing open a white door for me. Walking in, I smiled at the white bed spread and the large window directly behind it. "You'll be sleeping here."

The window showed off Ashley's back yard and I could see a swimming pool with a small waterfall. There was a alcove underneath the waterfall and grass surrounded the pool.

"Nice backyard." I noted, turning back to face Ashley.

He was leaning against the bedroom doroway, staring at me. He ignored what I said and cocked his head to the side, "You want to see my bedroom?"

Instantly my palms got sweaty and nerves began to wreck havoc on my stomach. 

"Y-Yeah."

Grinning, Ashley held his hand out for me and in three strides was back in his arms. He smelled of beer and cologne, something that always played with my brain. Leading me further down the hall, he pushed open a door and I entered Ashley's room.