The Best Of What We Have

I still had Ashley's hat on when I stepped back into the living room. The sweats were too big but when the draw string was tightened, it was no problem for me. The shirt was baggy but I think that's exactly what Ashley wanted.

He was sitting on the couch with his feet propped up on the small coffee table, chipped from months of use. For a second, I allowed myself to admire him. 

"Thanks for the clothes." I said and sat next to him.

"No problem. Are you a fan of Bless The Fall?" He asked abruptly, turning to face me.

I raised an eyebrow, "Not really." 

Cassandra loved Bless The Fall to the moon and back. Alex may be obsessed with Black Veil Brides, but she was nothing compared to how obsessed Cassandra was with BTF. 

"Good then," He said and jumped to his feet. I stared up at him, my eyebrow still raised, and I folded my arms. "I have two hours before we leave. Let's make the best of it."

I blinked, "What?"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me off of the couch, "I'm taking you on a date."

I never expected to hear those words come out of his mouth. I stared at him for a second, trying to understand what he was saying. I acted like nothing but a bitch to him all day and he wants to take me out?

"You want to take me . . . on a date?" I asked, making sure I'd heard right.

"Yep. I like you so therefore I shall take you out." He stated and tugged me towards the bus doors.

Woah, talk about straight forward. But he liked me? I blushed a bright red and ducked my head, hoping he couldn't see my face. How could he like me in only one day? And to like me after I was a complete jerk to him? I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling like a school girl.

I didn't object as Ashley led me back to the stage where everyone was. I couldn't stop staring at his face. He's been nothing but kind to me today and even though it hurt to admit, Ashley was so much fun. There, I said it. Ashley Purdy is . . . fun.

I'm being converted.

After Ashley explained to his band members and manager that we were leaving, he led me out of a chain linked fence. Ashley's hand felt so warm in mine and the tingles from earlier returned.

"Here," He suddenly turned around and began to tuck my hair into the hat. "The fans will recognize you."

I frowned and tugged on his jacket, "What about you?" He was still in only his leather jacket and tight skinny jeans.

"I have my trusty hat." He stated and pulled a cowboy's hat from out of his ass. No seriously, where did that come from? I don't remember him picking up a cowboy hat from the bus.

"Where'd that come from?"

"It's magic. I can't tell you." He explained and began to lead me again.

We followed people out of the ticket lines. Most people were talking about Black Veil Bride's performance, and for once, I didn't want to shoot every body. 

"Who was that Lexi girl?" One of the girls in front of us asked, her voice floating over the others around us.

Even though it was rude, I listened to their conversation with no shame.

"I have no idea, but she looked like she didn't want to be anywhere near Ashley." Her friend noted.

Oh how right you are. Or were, since now I'm willingly walking hand in hand with the rock star. Funny how things can change.

"Well, I thought it was so adorable how he picked her up! They're definitely a cute couple." The first girl gushed.

Ashley smirked and mouthed "cute" to me. I blushed, whether or not he was referring to me or the fans.

I didn't have much time to think about it because Ashley pulled me close to him so our sides were plastered together. It became hard for me to breathe but I pretended that I wasn't effected at our close proximity.

"Do you have a car?" He whispered in my ear and shivers ran down my spine.

I gulped, "Y-Yeah, this way."

Thankfully, he didn't notice the way my body reacted to his . I grabbed his hand (the tingles once again made a return) and I dragged him towards the parking lot. When I looked back at him, he had that cocky smirk in place. Unlike this morning, it didn't annoy me so much.

We reached my Chevy in only a few short minutes and once seated inside the car, the AC on, I turned to him and asked, "Where we going?"

He tapped his chin and thought for a second, "What's closest?"

"Er, a McDonald's . . ."

"Perfect! Drive there you sexy gal." He demanded.

I once again blushed at his comment and ducked my head, choosing not to say anything about it. I pressed down on the pedal and headed towards McDonald's, passing a lot of people from Warped and I momentarily felt bad for them. My feet were killing me from all the walking and I had been sitting down all morning.

We finally it to McD's and there were only a couple of people inside. We ordered and after Ashley paid, we sat down in the kid's section of the fast food joint. I didn't mind and actually went down the slide a couple of times. Ashley munched on his fries and talk about random topics, like his tattoos and his two little puppies.

"How old are you?" I asked, popping my head out of the bridge directly above our table.

"28." He  said, having to lean back to look at me.

I laughed and poked my tongue out at him, "Oldie."

"What? I'm a child at heart, babe!" He gasped, holding his chest in mock pain. "How old are you?" 

"25," I said and slid down the slide. I squeaked in shock when Ashley caught me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I peered up at him, a genuine smile lighting up my face, "I like you too, Ashley."

"Well that's good because I want to see you again." He whispered.

I tugged on his jacket, effectively pulling him closer to me. Our eyes connected as I slowly leaned forward, my breathing becoming more labored. He reached forward and tucked a strand of hair behind my hair, his fingers grazing across my cheek.

"This was a fun first date." I said softly.

"Our second date will be better," He whispered and rested his forehead against mine. "I promise."

"I'll be holding that against you." I whispered, our lips barely grazing against each other.

We were broken apart by screams. We jerked apart and looked to the left to see a group of teenage girls standing in the entrance wearing Black Veil Bride's merch and their cameras positioned on Ashley. I barely had time to think before Ashley pulled me to my feet and we were running out of McDonald's. I looked back to see the girls chasing us - or more like Ashley - and some had even crowded around our forgotten food.

How obsessed could they get?

Ashley took my keys from my grasp and helped me get in the passenger seat. He was completely surrounded as he climbed into the driver's seat, shouting out apologies for not taking pictures or doing any autographs. He began to pull out of the parking lot, honking for people to move, and I looked back to see the fans standing in the parking lot, continuing to scream their hearts out.

I looked back at Ashley, "They destroyed my fries."

Yay! I finally got something out :) Thank you for all the comments and votes, it means a lot!