Daniel and Clarisse

I think Ashley was more upset over the fact that he had forgotten where his parents were burried than anything else. For the rest of the car ride it was silent as Ashley drove under Daisy's instructions. I stared out of the car window as the roads flew past us and thought over what the grandmother had said.

His parents were dead? I had no idea, he had never told me. Not that we talked about our family alot. It was mostly about him touring and recent events. I frowned and tugged on my shirt, shifting in my seat uncomfortably. I really didn't know Ashley as well as I thought I did.

That was my worst fear; to not know who your heart is falling for.

Was I really falling for Ashley? He was kind, funny, didn't let hate get him down, and he knew how to keep me smiling when I felt the saddest. I didn't care that his hair was as long as mine and that he painted his nails too, it was part of Ashley and I liked it all the same. He was himself and he had no trouble with telling the world.

I was jostled out of my thoughts when Ashley parked the car and helped Trent out of the backseat. Daisy and I stood awkwardly beside each other as we waited for the guys to make their way around the car, and once we were huddled together, Daisy began towards the sand.

Ashley laced our hands together and in a comfortable silence, we followed Daisy and Trent as they familiarly made their way through the beach. Couples and families were spread out evenly across the white sand and I could hear children laughing from the blue waves. I smiled and watched as a mother bounced her son over a wave. 

I felt a warm hand on my cheek and before I knew it, I was facing Ashley and he was kissing me. I didn't turn away or step back, instead I snuggled closer to him and accepted his warm embrace. The kiss was just that - a kiss. There was no tongue or a need to rush, our lips simply connected before he pulled back and pressed his forehead against mine.

"I feel horrible for forgetting about this." He whispered and I hadn't realized just how much this was taking a toll on him.

I teasingly tugged on a strand of his loose hair, "Not everyone is perfect, Ash."

He smiled sadly and I knew that my words didn't really help him. I sighed before stepping back and leading him towards where Daisy and Trent stood, waiting for us. Daisy, for once in all the time I've known her, didn't say anything about us being slower and instead continued to lead us up stone steps and into a restricted area.

Palm trees created a half circle around five graves, each grave with a different headstone. Daisy didn't stop to stare at the other four graves before stopping in front of a double stone.

'Daniel and Clarisse Purdy', the grave stone read and underneath exactly what they were to people. I felt like I was intruding on a family event but Ashley held me closer when I made a move to step back and give them their space.

"Clarisse was our daughter," Daisy suddenly said, no sign of malice in her voice. She didn't look at me though and instead continued to stare at the grey slab of stone. "She married Daniel when she was eighteen and I thought she was the stupidest girl on the planet. But then a year later she had Ashley and," I was shocked to see Daisy actually tearing up. "I was so proud of her."

"Grandma." Ashley whispered, releasing my hand to hold her close. He was a full head taller than her frail frame and swallowed her body when he hugged her.

"Clarisse and Daniel died in a car crash when Ashley was eight." Trent finished the story.

I swallowed thickly and turned away from Ashley and his family. His parents were ripped away from him at a such young age and now look at him. He's one of the best people I know and he's so kind and he stands up for other people. 

"I'm going to the bathroom." I rushed before speed walking out of the secluded grave site.

I made it to the restroom in record time and instead of going in and doing my business, I stood outside of the stone building and grabbed my phone. I dialed the familiar number before pressing it to my ear, hands shaking.

"Hello baby! How's LA?" Mom's familiar voice asked.

"Hey, mom. Everything's good. It's really nice out here, you'd love it." I said in a choked voice.

"Honey, are you okay?" She asked in worry.

"Yeah. Just needed to talk to you and tell you that I love you."

"I love you too, baby. I have to go now, Mrs. Robinson and I are going flower shopping. Love you lots!" She sent kisses through the phone before hanging up.

"You okay?" Ashley asked from beside me and I jumped in shock.

I glanced at him before nodding and tucking my phone away, "I just had to call her."

"I understand." He said simply before pulling me into his side and leading me back towards the grave site.

I feel loads better and I can tell by the carefree smile on Ashley's face that he too feels better. However, I had no idea that the reason for his smile was because he was going to toss me into the ocean three seconds later.

Fucking barbaric rock star.

Thank you for all the support! You guys are the fucking best <3

Also! Ashley's parents are in fact dead and all information except for the names are true . . . or so I was told by the bio blog I had found :) It's so sad what happened and I send my regards to the Purdy family (twenty years late but hey, who cares?).