Epilogue: I Need You

So this is my first time doing something like this >.< Wish me luck and hope you guys like it . . . which you won't haha.

“Lexi? Lexi baby, wake up. I need you.”

I moaned and rolled over in bed, huffing as I peered up through the cover of our bed. Ashley was standing on the edge of it, staring down at me with an amused expression. 

His hair was in a bun and he was wearing the outfit from Warped tour, the leather jacket with no shirt underneath and ripped jeans.

I giggled and poked out my hand, “Need me for what?”

“Everything,” He whispered, grabbing my hand and placing open mouthed kisses on my palm. “I need you for everything. You’re my everything. I love you so fucking much.”

I raised an eyebrow, “I love you too, baby. What’s wrong?”

His grip on me tightened, “You can’t leave, alright? No matter what, you stay with me.”

“Ash, you’re worrying me.” I muttered, sitting up in bed and crawling to him. 

He didn’t say anything and instead opened his arms for me. I snuggled into his chest and peppered the underside of his cheek with kisses. We were quiet as we held each other until he broke the silence, his voice cracking with every word.

“I’ve done nothing to deserve you. You’re so fucking perfect and you make my days brighter. You make me forget my past and what I’ve done. Sex used to be a means of money but now? You make me realize just how important it is and how beautiful you make it.” He choked out.

“Ashley, what are you saying? You’re scaring me.” I stuttered, pulling out of his hold.

He was sobbing now, “I need you to wake up.”

“What? I’m awake,” I said but he continued to cry as if not hearing me. “Ashley? I’m awake! Baby can you hear me?” He didn’t even flinch when I screamed in his ear, begging for him to see me.

Suddenly there wasn’t any gravity and I was falling. My arms flailed, hands grasping air and hoping to hold onto something, anything. My heart was racing madly and my body shook from the sudden cold. One minute I was in Ashley’s room and the next I was on a dark highway, cars whizzing past me on both directions. I screamed when a semi blew past me, honking its horn.

It was like none of these drivers saw me. They continued to drive as if a girl wasn’t in the middle of the highway at the dead of night in nothing but a lace night gown and fluffy slippers. Wait, this isn’t my outfit. This is what my mom wears, the same exact thing to be precise. Was this a dream?

There was a honk and a smash. I turned around in time to see an eighteen wheeler losing control of its steering. The truck suddenly jerked right and the thousands of steel rods that were strapped onto its trailer came loose. They were flying in all directions, silver in the night, and one rod caught my attention. It was flying straight, perfectly straight and there was no changing its direction, when it suddenly slapped into the ground in front of a familiar blue truck. 

Wait a second . . .

The rod bounced against the cement and slammed into the windshield of the blue truck. The truck flipped from the impact and there was the sound of glass breaking and a woman’s painful scream. 

I knew that truck. That was my truck.

I ran into the street with no care for my safety. There was smoking coming out of the eighteen wheeler’s engine from where it had run into a tree over twenty feet away. Cars were stopping on either side of the road and rushing to the blue truck, one of five that were hit with steels rods but most definitely the worst.