Welcome

When I woke up, Ashley was already up and moving. I listened for a moment as he shifted around the bedroom and the drawers opened and closed repeatedly. I heard him mutter curses under his breath and slam the drawers shut before opening another, and repeat the cycle. I laid there for about seven minutes before sitting up and watching Ashley - who was still in his pajama bottom pants - as he paced back and forth in the bedroom.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked in amusement as he once again riffled through his sock drawer.

He ran his hands through his hair and stared me down, "Samm is in labor."

"What?"

"It's been five hours and the baby's almost out. I had fucking cigars somewhere." He growled and once again began riffling through the drawer.

I scoffed and slipped out of the covers and walked towards him, holding out my arms and hugging him tight to my chest, "Calm down, babe. You checked that drawer three times, I'm pretty sure they aren't hiding in your fuzzy green socks. Let's check the closet, yeah?" I suggested.

He nodded in agreement and allowed me to lead him towards our walk in closest. I searched the bottom shelves while he reached up high. By the sound of approval he made, I knew he had found the cigars, and stood up right to watch him inspect them.

"I guess we're going to the hospital?" I guessed.

He nodded, "Yep."

After taking a thirty minute shower and getting into comfortable sweats and one of Ashley's old sweaters, I sat in the passenger seat of his car as we sped down the highway towards where the whole group was. From what he was telling me we were the last to show up - and at a perfect time too. By the time we stepped through the doors, everyone was in tears and cheering about the newest addition to the Black Veil Brides family.

"His name is Jeremy Mason!" Morgan was cooing, practically in tears from her position in Andy's tight embrace.

"Have you seen him yet?" Ashley asked excitedly.

Jake shook his head, "Nah bro, Jeremy just came out and broke the news to us. We have to wait for the doctor to check the baby and for Samm to rest."

"She's so strong!" Morgan wailed in the background.

"Wow, someone's emotional." Ashley joked.

If anything, she cried harder. Once Andy had calmed his wife down and we had waited impatiently for an hour and a half, Jinxx walked towards us with a brilliant smile on his face.

"Ready to see my son?" Jinxx asked.

"Yes!" Morgan practically bolted out of her seat and down the hall to where Samm and little Jinxx were at.

The rest of us walked with Jinxx towards Samm's hospital room and were greeted with the sight of Morgan hugging a bewildered Samm tight in her arms. Andy was standing awkwardly at the end of the bed, his eyes flickering between the girls and where a bundle of blue was shifted in a crib beside Samm's bed.

"Aw!" I couldn't help but gush when I saw little Jeremy for the first time.

He had Samm's big blue eyes and Jinxx's dark black hair. Jinxx smiled proudly at his son as I picked up the little guy, holding him close to my chest and speaking baby gibberish to him. Ashley stood close as I bounced the baby and rocked back and forth. I had barely held him for three seconds before Morgan was pressed against my other side and begging to hold him.

"Babe, calm down, you'll get your chance." Andy chuckled as he pulled the annoyed blonde away from me.

"But he's my God son!" She whined.

I ignored Morgan and instead softly shifted little Jeremy into Ashley's awaiting arms. Ashley had his moment of cooing over the baby before CC swooped in and took him.

"Man, he had a big head." Samm sighed as she watched through lidded eyes as Jeremy was switched between the band.

"You did wonderful, honey. You were perfect." Jinxx breathed as he pecked her forehead.

She gave him a love struck smile, and the moment would have been perfect, if it hadn't been for Morgan yelling in the background. I turned back to see Ashley tauntingly going forward to take Jeremy out of Luna's hands, but he laughed and finally allowed Morgan to hold her God son. Ironically, she was the last to hold him.

A look crossed Andy's face when Morgan held Jeremy close, but it disappeared and he was acting like Ashley had been earlier; a goofy smile on his face and cooing in a soft voice towards the half asleep baby. Ashley himself was smiling proudly, like he was a new father, and his eyes swept across the room. They landed on me last, and a look much like Andy's appeared, but it was gone so fast that I had to pinch myself to make sure I had seen it.

"I have cigars!" Ashley announced as he held up the box.

The guys swarmed him, Morgan and Samm yelling at them to leave the room and away from the baby, and the guys waved them off before leaving. I laughed and sat beside Luna on the little couch that could be made into a bed. Morgan had finally relented her hold on Jeremy and he was now sleeping in Melody's arms.

"He's adorable!" Melody cooed.

Morgan eyed her carefully.

Samm smiled dopely, "He's my baby. I love him."

"Now you have to deal with the teen years and the potty training." Luna chimed in.

Morgan's nose curled, "Good luck with that."

"Since you're the Godmother, you can't be the awesome aunt." Samm stated.

Morgan looked like the world had ended, "Wh-What? But I had plans!"

"Oh Morgan." I laughed and shook my head.

We laughed in sync as Morgan stared at us in horror. I could hear the guys laughing in from outside, Ashley's ringing out distinctly from everyone else. It was like we were a family; even awkward Melody, who had just started to date CC in the last three weeks. These people were so accepting and kind, it was hard to think that I had ever bashed them for their music. I never wanted to leave, and some part of me didn't want to return to my house, which no doubt would feel depressing, and I didn't want to go back to my own, real broken family.

This life was perfect, but all perfection has a flaw, right?