Baby Shower

"How long does it take for you to do your hair?" Ashley groaned, laying face down on my bed.

I rolled my eyes and continued to curl my hair. Samm and Jinxx's baby shower started in thirty minutes and all that I had left to do was curl about three more pieces of my hair. Ashley, being the impatient brat he is, was crying and whining as I did the process.

"Only an hour but with you in here, it takes two." I explained, starting on the last piece of hair.

"You look beautiful without your hair curled. And without clothes." He added, his voice muffled from my comforter.

"I find myself rolling my eyes a lot more when I'm around you."

"Just do your hair, woman."

I chuckled before unplugging the curling iron and turning on my heel, holding out my arms and doing a small twirl. Ashley stared at me, since this was the first time he's seen me in my new dress, before he was off of the bed and had me in his chest within seconds. His lips were on mine and I felt my back press against the wooden bathroom door, his hands running up and down my side.

"I say we stay here. Little Jinxx will be fine without our present." He murmured, pressing heated kisses against my neck.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "As tempting as that is, we need to go. Come on." I urged, pushing past him and towards the bed, picking up my clutch.

Ashley sighed before following me out of my bedroom and towards the front door. After making sure the house was locked up, we drove towards Samm and Jinxx's house only ten minutes away from Ashley's. We pulled up at around 1:30 and already the house was full of cars. I spotted the black car Morgan had been driving, which Ashley had clariffied as a Chevy Impala.

Ashley entwined our hands together as he rang the doorbell. I timidly scooted closer to him, suddenly nervous. I was a very shy person to begin with (Ashley just brought out the worst in me) and I knew that not only were there going to be a lot of people, but also Samm's family. 

"Ashley!" A boy a couple years younger than me shouted, wrapping Ashley in a tight hug. I stood awkwardly to the side. "It's nice to see you again!"

"You too, Michael. Lexi, meet Miachael, he's Samm's younger brother." Ashley introduced before we stepped inside the warm house.

"Nice to meet you." Michael said before he was whisked away by an older woman.

Ashley led me further into the house and I held our present tighter. There weren't many people but I could hear feminie laughter floating from the room to our left. I nervously bit my lip as Ashley took the present from my grasp and placed it on a table that was already filled with presents.

"No need to be nervous," Ashley soothed me, rubbing my back. "Everyone's too busy fretting over Samm."

"Hey man." A deep voice sounded from behind us, and turning around I spotted a nicely dressed Andy.

"What's up?" Ashley asked as they exchanged one of those man hugs.

"Nothing much. I already got yelled at by a hormonal Samm for, what was it, wearing too much black?" Andy looked down at his outfit. 

I giggled, "It's a baby shower, not a funeral." 

"Thanks, Lexi." He said dryly.

"No problem!" I chirped brightly.

We spoke for a while longer and not once did I see Samm or Jinxx. Ashley kept urging me to go and find her, but since I wasn't close friends with her, I refused and stayed with him and Andy. Andy sympathized with me and made sure that I was laughing the rest of the night, either from teasing Ashley endlessly or by making crude coments about Samm and Jinxx's family.

"Lexi! There you are, thank Goodness!" I was tackled from behind by a blonde haired female. I barely had time to think before she was standing in front of me, eyes wide and mouth parted in shock. "Samm is freaking out! I need your help!"

"Morgan, what?" I began but she cut me off.

"The baker, he was bringing the cake, right? And he got into a car accident! And the cake is now ruined and I remebered that you said you were a chef-"

"Alright, alright! Come on, does she have any cake mix?" I asked, grabbing Morgan's hand and leading her further into the house.

Samm was standing in the kitchen, frantically pacing back and forth. She was wearing a flowy pink dress that made her glow.

"Alright, I have the chef!" Morgan cheered, leading me towards the walk in pantry.

I scanned the pantry before grabbing what I needed and heading towards the counter. Morgan and Samm stood back, watching as I began to expertly mix the ingrediants into the bowl. 

....

"And here is the wonderful cake that Lexi had made!" Morgan shouted, holding her hands out as I walked past her and placed the cake in front of the smiling couple.

Ashley stood to the left of the crowd with Andy by his side, both grinning and clapping as Samm and her husband cut into the cake. I had made a simple vanilla cake with yellow icing on top, spelling out 'Congrats!'. The other cake was supposed to be shaped as a crib or something, but with the time period I was given, I couldn't mold the cake into anything but a simple rectangle.

"You did good babe!" Ashley grinned, walking up to me and givin me a loving kiss on the lips.

"It's not my best, but you know." I shrugged it off, resting my head on his chest.

"Oh come on, Lex! You did awesome!" Morgan cheered, joining our hug. I felt her arms move before there was another body in our group, who I assumed was Andy. "Group hug!"

"Can't . . . breathe!" I gasped dramatically.

Morgan laughed before releasing her tight hold on us. Ashley and I stepped aside while Andy grinned and tucked his hands into his pant pockets. Morgan stood petitely next to him and it was hard to think that they were a couple; he was dressed in tight black jeans and a ripped black shirt while Morgan was in a flowy white dress - it was just hard to imagine them together.

I glanced up at Ashley as he laughed at whatever Morgan was saying. Did people think we were an odd couple? I wore skinny jeans and band shirts, and so did Ashley, but did people ever wonder why we were together? What brought us together?

"What are you thinking about? You look lost in LaLa Land." Morgan teased, poking my cheek.

I shrugged, "Just thinking. Hey, how did you and Andy meet?" I've always been wanting to know. Was it like Ashley and I?

Andy grinned and stared down at Morgan, a loving look on his face, "She slapped me."

What?

"In my defense, you broke into my house." Morgan objected.

Okay, this is starting to get weird.

"Um." I muttered, looking up at Ashley for help.

He shrugged, "You really shouldn't have asked. It's a long story."

Morgan and Andy were staring at each other before he bent down and grabbed her hand. They said nothing else before walking out of the room. I couldn't help but laugh at the strangeness of it all.

Ashley chuckled and pecked my cheek, "Babe, I think you just got them back together."

Enjoy this will it lasts, because drama is coming!!! YES!!! We LOVE drama >:3