Paint The Town Red

By the time I finally got enough guts to leave the dressing room, Ashley was talking to a very cheerful looking Alex. The band and their girls were all swarmed around my best friend, each trying to talk over each other and tell Alex something of the sort. She looked like she was in heaven so I stayed behind, watching as CC wrapped an arm around Alex and began to tell a story about Andy doing some stupid stunt.

"Hey there babes!" Morgan suddenly said, cutting off CC. She smiled brightly when she saw me and Ashley turned around to face me, also smiling softly. I had no choice but to walk towards their group.

"We heard screaming a few minutes ago. You guys weren't doing anything were you?" Andy asked innocently.

I began to splutter over my words, "N-No! What? No!" I shrieked.

Alex giggled, "Calm down, Lex. If you were it's not a bad thing."

"I wasn't!"

"Guys lay off," Ashley quickly intercepted, sending Andy and Alex reprimanding looks. They gave him innocent smiles. "You'd know if we were up to something."

"Ashley!"

...

"I'm starving!"

That was Samm and she actually looked ready to eat us all. She was sitting on a comfortable looking black couch beside Jinxx, rubbing her stomach and sending her husband pleading looks. Jinxx sighed and sat up, helping her into a standing position.

"We're gonna' go get something-"

"Milkshakes. We're getting milkshakes." Samm corrected him.

"-To eat. You guys want to come?" He asked, rolling his eyes at her antics.

Ashley looked down at me, waiting for my answer. I bit my lip and toyed with my fingers, seeing Morgan and Andy standing up to join the duo. CC and Jake were shaking their heads and I had a feeling that if I said yes, it'd be like a triple date kind of thing.

Did I want to date Ashley? What are you even doing Lexi? You need to make up your mind. 

"Yeah, I'm pretty hungry." I muttered, giving Ashley a bashful grin.

He smiled and grabbed my hand, helping me stand up. Tingles shot up my arm once we touched and I never wanted to let go, but then I remember Henry. Sadly, I let go of Ashley's hand and nonchalantly faced Alex.

"You wanna' come?" I asked.

She shook her head, "Nah, I'm good. I have work in the morning anyway so give me the keys and I'll drive home," She slyly glanced at Ashley. "I'm sure he won't mind giving you a ride home."

Bitch.

"She's right, I don't mind giving you a ride home." Ashley muttered.

I sighed, seeing no way out of this. I dug into my pants pocket and tossed Alex my car keys. She easily caught them and after saying good bye to the band (a more cheeky good bye to Andy) she left. 

"She likes you." Morgan told Andy.

He looked at her like she was crazy, "Really? I didn't notice. I think you're going crazy."

I was shocked to see that Morgan had noticed and didn't act all jealous or anything. She had been completely nice to Alex and not once had I thought she knew about Alex's little crush on the rockstar. Obviously I had been wrong.

Nothing else was said on the matter and in a group, we left the stadium. All the fans were gone and seeing as it was almost midnight, the streets were empty. Andy and Ashley took complete advantage of this and began to act like idiots. It was like their energy suddenly kicked in and they were running rampart down the streets.

Morgan shook her head fondly, slowing down to walk beside me, "They're kids."

"I had no idea." I chuckled, watching as Ashley leaped onto Andy's back.

"Yeah, but you gotta' love them." 

I nodded, not saying anything else. Samm and Jinxx walked in front of us, hand in hand, and were talking softly to each other. She was so short compared to him, so fragile, and you could see the look of pure adoration on his face when she laughed.

I wanted something like that. Something like Morgan and Andy where no one expected them to be together. Something like Samm and Jinxx where they love each other so much. I wanted something special and full of love, not lies and fear of the other not being faithful. 

Could I get that with Ashley? Watching him, he seemed like he was the perfect boyfriend. He was laughing at something Andy was saying, his eyes crinkling in the corners. I couldn't stop staring even if I wanted to. Ashley was one handsome man and I wanted to get to know him better.

We reached some small stand where Samm made Jinxx buy her a banana-strawberry smoothie. The look on her face when she took a sip was comical. Ashley offered to buy me a cup, and after much decision, I allowed him to buy me a cookie 'n creme ice cream. Morgan and Andy shared a banana splits and after everyone got their chosen desert, we left the stand and walked around Town Square.

"Las Vegas is pretty cool," Samm muttered around a sip of her smoothie.

"Eh, it's okay. After a while it's pretty boring. I bet LA is way better." I shrugged.

"Well yeah, there's the beach and the mountains and all the hot guys-" Morgan broke off abruptly as Andy ducked down to press his lips against hers.

"What hot guys?" She asked in a dazed voice, her eyes glazing over as she stared up at him.

"Exactly." He grinned and pulled her into his arms.

Ashley and I walked side by side down Town Square, talking about nothing and everything. Somehow Andy and Morgan had drifted off to do their own thing and Samm and Jinxx had taken a seat on a bench. I ate my ice cream slowly and out of no where, I offered him a scoop.

He smirked as he took the spoon out of my grasp and slowly, sexually, took the bite. I bit my lip and looked down, remembering what had happened in the dressing room.

"Should I knock before walking into a room with you?" I asked, glancing at him from the corner of the eye.

He chuckled, "I'm not always naked. You just walked in when I was changing. Enjoy the view?"

"What? No!" I spluttered, my face heating up rather quickly. "I didn't even look."

He rolled his eyes, "Sure thing, Lex."

As we walked further down the street, laughing and joking about anything there was to talk about, I believed there would be a chance between us. Maybe it won't happen tomorrow or next week, but I knew that I wanted to start something special with Ashley.