C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T | Now There's An Idea

Paige
"Thanks for tonight, guys. I really enjoyed it," I smile as we walk out of the restaurant.

"No problem! It was really nice seeing you again," Peyton says as she gives me a hug goodbye. I hug back subtly, and awkwardly grin at Kai. He shrugs.

"It was nice seeing you again, too," I say as we split apart. She smiles and I turn around, then walk to the car with Jaye.

"That was fun," I smile as we get in. Jaye smiles.

"I'm glad you had a good time, princess," he says, gently sitting his hand onto mine. I smile and he lets go, then we drive home in peace.

*
*

On the ride home I think about Jaye and I, and about how we've known each other for only a couple of weeks, but I am completely and utterly in love with him. And then I decide it.

"Jaye?" I ask as we walk into our room. He turns to face me.

"Something wrong, princess?" He asks. I shake my head, then take a deep breath.

"I want you to mark me," I say, confidence rated at about a 2 out of 10. He looks worried, but you can see the joy in his eyes.

"Are you sure, Paige? We haven't known each other for that long. I don't want you to feel rushed—"

"I've decided. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. For 7 years I have been waiting for my mate to come to me, because I didn't know how much I'd love him. When I finally found you, I realised I should have been looking for you. Please, Jaye. Mark me. I'm ready,"

He smiles at my lecture, then walks up to me.

"Okay," he whispers.

I sit down on the bed and he sits down next to me, pushing my hair out of the way so he can access my neck. He peppers kisses from my jawline to my neck, right in above my collar bone.

I can feel his canines extend and pierce my skin, but instead of pain, pleasure shoots through my body. I can feel small droplets of blood trickling down my neck.

Jaye removes his teeth from my neck and sits up straight. The bite stops bleeding and starts healing, leaving a scar behind.

*
*

"Hey, sleeping beauty," Jaye says as I walk down the stairs. I slap his arm.

"Don't talk to me. I need coffee," I say as I grab the coffee beans from the cupboard.

"Is that a bite mark I see?" Bonita asks as she walks into the kitchen.

"You know it," I wink. She smiles.

"Congratulations," Amber smiles as she walks into the kitchen as well.

"Guys, calm down. It's not like I'm getting married," I say. Bonita turns to Jaye.

"Now there's an idea," she smiles. Jaye grins.

"Hey yeah. Seeya later, I'm gonna go get the ring," he jokes. I laugh.

"No way, mister. You have to stay here for the leaders meeting," I say. He groans.

"What do we have to discuss?" He asks.

"If your becoming the Alpha of this pack, or if I'm going to be the Luna of your pack,"