C H A P T E R T W O | Birthday Girl

Paige (9 and 10 years old)
I smile as Dad falls face first into the snow. Mum runs up to him to make sure he was alright, and I figure I should have done the same. I walk over to where dad was laying. He had rolled over and was now on his back. He laughs and points an accusing finger at me.

"You! I'm going to get you!" he shouts, then he gets up and starts chasing me around.

I didn't mean to push him over. It was an accident.

I laughed as he grabs me with one hand around the waist and pulls me into his chest. I laugh even harder as he begins tickled me, close to tears.

Soon enough he puts me down, thankfully, and I run away with a shriek. I run inside to where mum had gone to cook lunch. I take a seat at the kitchen counter with Amber, Ronnie, Henry and Bonita. Mum sits down the sandwiches and I grab one.

I start eating it, and see my dad come in through the door. I get a little bit excited and accidentally flip the plate. All the sandwich quarters flip off of the plate and onto dad's head.

I giggled, and my friends joined in. Mum walks over to him and smiles, then pulls the sandwich pieces off, one bye one. Dad goes to have a shower to get all of the food out of his now buttery hair.

As I hear him come out of the shower, I jump off of the chair and run into my bedroom before he can run after me. Once I was safe, I close the door and lock it.

I walk over to my bed and laid my head back so I was lying down, then fell asleep.

*
*

Bang!

I shoot up, and look over at the door.

"Paige!? Are you alright!?" I hear someone yelling from the other side. I jump off of the bed and run to the door.

Bang!

"Again!" I heard from the other side. I unlock the door and opened it up, then my father, the beta, and the third in command run into my room and into the wall.

I laugh at them as they get up, rubbing their forehead.

Dad walks over to me to make sure I was alright. He asked and I nodded my head, yes. He must have been a little dizzy, because he shook his head as if to shake the dizziness away.

I giggled once more, but stopped when he playfully glared at me. I put my head down but continued to smile.

2 days later.
Today was my birthday. I was turning eleven. I get up and get dressed into a black T-shirt with a denim vest, then slide on some black leggings with a pale pink knee-length skirt.

I grabbed my tan leather boots and slide them over my feet, then I grabbed a brush and started to slide it through my dark hair.

When I was done I went down the stairs and to the kitchen, where I got mum to braid my hair.

"Thanks, Mum," I grin at her, then run outside.

"Happy birthday, Paige!" Ronnie, Amber, Bonita and Henry jump out from behind a tree.

"Thanks, guys," I smile as they embrace me in a large group hug.