C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E | Battle At The Borderline

Paige
The new pack would move in in about a week, but I had to have a treaty with them before then.

But I wasn't really in the mood too.

The treaty was going to be in two days and I really didn't feel like going.

After finding out the alpha was mateless I haven't been able to sleep. Which probably wasn't the best idea.

I sighed as I sat my bowl in the sink and Amber, Ronnie, Henry and Bonita walked in.

"What's wrong, Paige?" Amber asked as she ran over and rubbed my back.

"Dude, she's not crying," Bonita states as the walked over and removed her hand.

"Amber's not a dude," Ronnie corrects her.

"Fine! She's I dudette!!" Bonita rectifies, punching him in the side.

"Ow!" He cries, rubbing his rib cage. And within all this time Henry is chilling back and relaxing, watching the show in amusement.

"Guys?"

Still fighting.

"Guys?"

Still quarrelling.

"Guys?" I ask a little louder, but to no avail.

I whistle, interrupting  the argument. Everyone looked at me.

"Ssh!!" I hiss, making the shush gesture. "Would you be quiet? It's eight in the morning and people are still asleep!" I say. Fortunately they all stop what they were doing, but then turned their attention to me again.

"Now, where were we?" Henry asks, pushing himself off the counter.

"What's wrong, Paige?" Bonita questions me.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I answer, rubbing my eyes. "I'm just tired,"

"Why are you tired?" Ronnie walks over, making sure I'm okay.

"Because—"

"Alpha! The Shadow Rogues are back! At the south border!" My newest patroller, Ella, cries as she runs into the kitchen. I let out a low warning growl, then stand up.

"Come on, guys," I say as I stalk my way outside.

As my feet touch the grass, I start to run. As I start to run, I start to leap. Once I am in mid-air, I shift into my large, black wolf.

As I land, my paws touch the soft soil and rub against the healthy grass. I stretch and shake out my fur.

It's good to be in control again, May laughs as she starts to run towards the southern border.

It takes me at least ten minutes to reach the battle at the border line. I growl once I see the familiar face of the Shadow Rogues Alpha, Finn Shard.

Let's fight, May says determined. I mentally laugh at her and let her take full control.

May
It was good to be let out again. If only it hadn't been for this specific reason.

I howled and grabbed the throat of another wolf with red, demon eyes. I bit down hard and heard the satisfying crunch of its neck snapping.

I threw him down to the ground and did the same to another one, and another and another, over and over again until all the rogues were dead.

I joined up with Flame, Lenix, Ruth and Jake, Amber's, Ronnie's, Bonita's and Henry's wolves.

I need to shift back, Paige says, earning a sigh from me.

Okay. I huff, then walk behind a tree and pull out hidden clothes, then give Paige control.

She shifts back into a human, pushing me into the depths of her mind.