C H A P T E R F O U R | Shopping? Or not...

Paige (10 years old)
I walked down the stairs with Amber, Ronnie, Bonita and Henry. Once I reached the bottom, I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a box of Lucky Charms from the cupboard. I poured it into a bowl along with some milk, and then I grabbed a spoon.

When I finished eating, I picked up the bowl and put it into the sink, then turned around and ran to my room.

I walked into my walk-in-closet and grabbed a black t-shirt with a white horse, some denim shorts and a blue hoody. I slipped them on along with my black converse high-tops, then ran down stairs back to my friends.

"Hey guys, you wanna go shopping?" Our packs beta female, Cassandra, asked. Amber, Bonita and I nodded our heads eagerly, while the boys just groaned.

"Do we have to?" They said simultaneously. We all laughed at them, but a sudden dizziness made its way to my head. I collapsed, but Ronnie caught me. He looked really worried.

"Paige!!" Cassandra screamed as she took me from Ronnie's arms. How he was still holding me, I didn't know, but I was glad that he didn't let me fall.

"Why are you so pale all of a sudden??
Ronnie, get a wet face washer. Henry, get a bucket just in case, Bonita and Amber, go get her parents," Cassandra demanded, in a nice-ish way. Everyone nodded and went off to do as they were told.

"Your gonna be alright." Was all I heard before everything went black.

*
*

I woke up in a hospital bed, mum and dad holding both of my a hands. I tried to sit up and their heads shot up to look at me.

"Your awake!!" My mum shouted. I covered my ears.

"Jeez, mum, not so loud." I laughed as dad pulled me into a big hug.

"I'm so glad your okay, princess." He said, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"What happened?" I asked, confused.

"Long story short, your mum and I were cooking dinner, Amber and Bonita came in and said you were sickly pale and had collapsed, and then when we got to you Cassandra was holding you in her arms," Dad exclaimed.

"Do you know what's wrong with me?" I asked.

"Oh, honey, nothing's wrong with you. You just must have gotten... over excited." Mum protests, rubbing my back.

Why was she so nervous? Are they hiding something?

"You're hiding something," I said, certain. She looked shocked then hid it quickly.

"What? Why would I hide something from you?" She laughed nervously.

"Mum? Are you pregnant!?" I shouted/asked.

"What? N-" I cut her off.

"I'm gonna be a big sister?!" I asked loudly.

"Paige, I'm not-" I cut her off yet again.

"Is it gonna be a sister?" I asked.

"What? No, Paige-"

"I'm gonna have a baby brother!?" I screamed.

"No!!" She answered.

"Oh my gosh!! They're twins!!" I screamed.

"No, Paige!! I'm not pregnant," She said.

Was I disappointed? Yeah, you could say that.

I slumped at the news, then heard her say something else;

"We know why you passed out," She said sadly.

"You're  getting ready to shift,"

I think I'm gonna pass out again.