C H A P T E R F I F T E E N | An Early Shift

Paige (23 years old)
I smiled as I walked into the kitchen seeing Frank (who is now twelve years old) and Charlie and Lewis (who are now ten years old).

I have adopted Frank, and he and the twins have started to get along better after three years.

"Hey mum," Frank smiled as he set down his toast and ran over to me, then hugged me.

"Hey squirt, what do you want to do today, children?" I asked the twins as well as Frank.

"Go to the movies!" They all yelled as they got up and looked at me.

"What? We went to the movies last week!!" I replied.

But, I couldn't say no to the puppy eyes they just had to give me.

"Fine. Let's look on the computer and find out what movies we can watch," I said as I turned around and sprinted to my office, soon followed by the galloping footsteps of children.

I laughed as I jumped on my chair and spun around, grabbing the closest thing; a pillow.

When the twins and Frank got to the office, I spun around slowly petting the pillow.

"I've been waiting for you..." I said and they laughed.

I smiled and turned on the computer, then searched up what movies were in the cinemas.

So we ended up going to see Hotel Transylvania 2.

4hrs later.
"That was the best movie ever!!" Charlie screamed as she jumped up and down, walking into the pack house. I didn't even know what happened because I fell asleep.

"Umm, yeah, okay?" I said, unsure of what to say. The children laughed and I smiled.

I loved seeing them like this — but of course, all good things come to an end.

Suddenly, Charlie and Lewis dropped there glasses of water in sync, and I watched as the glass shattered against the floor boards.

The twins fell on the floor simultaneously and stared shaking uncontrollably. In sorrowful realisation, I knew what was happening. They were shifting.

"Frank!! Get the pack doctor, now!!" I yelled at him and he nodded his head, then bolted off in the direction of the pack doctor.

Amber, get Henry, Bonita and Ronnie. It's an emergency. I mindlinked Amber.

Within seconds the gang was ready and standing in front of me. When they saw Charlie and Lewis, they knew exactly what was going on.

I gave an order to the boys and they nodded there heads, then carried them out bridal style.

When they sat the twins down, the shifting started.