C H A P T E R F I V E | Birthday Surprise

Paige (12 and 13 years old)
"Are you excited?" Uncle Rick asked me as he sat on the couch across from me. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"I'm turning 13; of course I'm excited!!" I shouted, laughing. He chuckled softly along with me.

"Well, I know that your parents have a surprise for you, but I won't say anymore," He promised.

I nodded my head okay, then walked into the kitchen. I saw mum and ran up to her. She smiled at me.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart!" She said happily. I smiled.

"Thanks mum, but my birthday's tomorrow. Uncle Rick said you have a surprise for me tonight! I can't wait," I said happily.

"He promised not to tell." She muttered, but with my werewolf hearing, I could hear her.

I shifted a lot earlier because of the alpha blood. Most werewolves shift for the first time at the age of 16, but I shifted at 10 years of age.

My wolf has a black coat with crystal blue eyes, and her name is May.

Later that day.
I wonder what the surprise is, I thought to myself. It was 7:30pm and the surprise still hasn't come yet.

I heard a knock at the door.

"'Come in!!" I shouted. Mum and dad walked in with a smile plastered on there face.

I was still 12. I don't turn 13 until tomorrow, but who knows. Maybe this is a surprise party.

"Your surprise is ready, sweetheart," mum said, clapping her hands excitedly. I laughed slightly and sat up.

My black curly hair fell over my shoulders, my green-blue eyes shone in the light. I walked over to where she was and she took my hand.

Dad joined us when mum and I walked outside. They put a blindfold over me so I couldn't see where we were going.

"I'm sorry princess, but it's a surprise," Dad said as he saw me pouting.

"Okay," I sighed. He chuckled and I slapped his arm. Well, I tried to. Have you ever tried hitting someone blindfolded?

No, I didn't think so.

*
*

"Where are we?" I asked as everyone stopped in there tracks. I felt someone take of the blindfold, and once I could see, I gasped.

It was the place I always shifted!

Since I shifted early, I wasn't aloud to shift because I might be a target for rogues, because they'll know I have alpha blood. So, we try not to shift as much as possible. But, every time it's my birthday, I get to shift!

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" I screamed as I ran into the middle of the opening. I concentrated really hard and eventually started talking to my wolf.

Hey, Paige!! May said. I hadn't spoken to her for quite some time, so I was really excited.

Are you ready? She asked.

I think so. I can barely remember how to do it, but I think I've got it, I replied.

That's okay. Can you remember your wolf form? She asked.

Yep, I answered.

Good. Just remember what you look like in wolf form and you should be able to change, she said.

Okay, I replied, then closed my eyes and concentrated.

I fell to the ground because of the pain.

"Aaahhh!" I screamed and held my head.

This hurts so much.