C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N | Three Cheesy Quotes Written In A Love Note

Paige
I sat down on the couch next to Charlie, Lewis and Frank.

"I mean, seriously! What kind of name is Helium?" I asked them, laughing at the diminutive reminder of earlier on that day.

"A stupid one?" Charlie suggests. I laughed harder.

Ronnie, Bonita, Henry and Amber walked in and sat on the opposite couch.

"What's so funny?" Amber asked after my fit of laughter ended. I told them about what had happened that day.

"What kind of name is Helium?" Bonita says as she throws her head back and starts laughing.

"That's what I said!" I laugh again, almost falling off the couch. They smile at me and I smile back. I'm so lucky to have these guys.

*
*

I flip through the pages and sigh as I reach the hundredth page. No joke, I had been counting.

"All this just so some pack can move in next to mine?" I ruffle my hair and put the folder down.

"I'm having a break," I mumble, standing up and walking out the door. I turn the corner and bump into Kai.

"Aah!" I shout, falling to the ground.

I hear him gasp.

"Oh my moon goddess, I am so sorry! I didn't see you there! Are you okay? I didn't mean to. God I'm stupid. I am so sorry—"

"Stop ranting, Kai, I'm fine." I interrupt as I stand up next to him.

He sighs in relief.

"Good," He smiles.

"Oh!" He says, putting his hand in his pocket and vigorously searching for something. After a long wait, he finally pulls something out of his pocket and hands it to me.

"Open it." He smiled hopefully as I look down at the flowery envelope in my hands. I smile, then gently rip it open and peek inside.

I stick my hand in and pull out a petite valentines card. I laugh and open it up, reading the three cheesy love quotes inside;

I hate the alphabet, but I love u.

On a scale of 1 to 10, you're a 9 and I'm the 1 you need.

You wanna know what the best thing is in my life? Read the first word of this sentence.

Then it says something in more neatly written handwriting.

Paige, Valentine's Day is coming up, and I have no one to share it with. Do you? I smile.

"I already have a date for valentines," I say, and his smile drops.

"You do?" He asked sadly.

"Yeah, his name is Kai," I laugh, pulling him in for a hug. "Of course I'll go on a date with you, especially after reading those adorable yet cheesy quotes," I laugh and he flips me off, causing me to smack his hand away.

"Ow!!" He says, rubbing his hand.

"Oh don't be a baby, that didn't hurt," I say poking him in the side.

"Yeah, it did," He mumbles, thinking I can't hear him.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Of course it didn't!" He covers up quickly. "So it's a date?" He asks hopefully.

"Most definitely." I smile.

This will be interesting.