C H A P T E R S I X T E E N | He's Got The Hots For You!

Paige (23 years old)
It had been over a week since the twins have shifted, and now they won't stop. They love it so much.

But I don't think it's healthy for them.

We have had a lot of rogue attacks, and there's talk that a new pack is coming to town.

I sort of gave up on looking for my mate a long time ago. I mean, sure, if I ever find him I'd be over the moon, but I just wanna see if he'll come to me.

The moon goddess hates me.

Anyway, where were we? Oh, yes. So it had been a week since the twins had shifted and they loved it.

I was at a pack meeting; torture, I know (obviously).

We were discussing the rogue attacks, and how many times they had gotten over patrol. Kai was sitting next to me. Amber, Bonita, Ronnie and Henry were sitting on the left and Kai on the right.

Everyone was shouting over each other. And what angered me most, was the shouting was at me.

"How could you do this to us?"
"Your supposed to protect us!!"
"You're a terrible alpha!!"
"Hurry up and find your mate!!!"

Okay. That is where they crossed the line.

"What did you say?" I asked, my voice shaking as I turned my head to the guy who called out the last part.

"I said hurry up and find your mate. He'll do a better job than you!" He said, growling at me. And suddenly, something happened that I never thought would happen to me. Ever.

Kai stood up and nearly leapt across the table — to defend me.

"You will respect your alpha, understood? You will never speak to her like that again. Got it?" He growled, picking up the guy.

I got up out of my seat and ran over to them.

"Okay, that's enough," I said, prying his hands of the mans neck.

"Dismissed," I called out, and everybody was out of there like their lives depended on it. Kai looked at me and frowned, then walked off.

Amber and Bonita rushed over to me.

"You okay?" Amber asked, rubbing my back.

"That tracker boy has the hots for you!" Bonita squealed. I was shocked.

"Who, Kai?" I asked, looking over to him.

"If that's his name, then yeah," She shrugged.

You see, Bonita doesn't pay attention to names.

"The one with the blonde hair and the blue eyes, I said, pointing to him as he exited the room.

"That's the one," she smiled, nudging my arm. "He likes you," She grinned. I pushed her playfully.

"Your so immature. Besides, what is there to like?" I asked, pointing to my raven hair and dark blue eyes. I wasn't very pretty.

"Are you serious? Paige, you're beautiful," Amber defended, cutting in on our little conversation. I frowned.

"Not really," I said, ending the conversation by walking off.

I heard footsteps behind me and Ronnie jumped in front of me, making me stop.

"Paige, it's not your fault you haven't found your mate yet. But you need to start looking," He insisted, and I sighed.

"Fine, I'll start looking. In a week," And with that, I pushed past him and went to my bedroom. I needed a shower.