C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N | That Can Be Arranged

Paige (20 years old)
I jogged out of the pack house and to the pack's playground. In the sandpit, I saw Frank picking on Charlie's crush, Leo. I growled and walked over behind them.

As I got closer, I saw Frank had Leo in a headlock. I loomed over them and cleared my throat. Frank turned around slowly and when he saw me, instantly let go of Leo. He ran off, leaving Frank and I alone.

"A-Alpha," he stuttered, bowing his head respectively.

"Frank, lets take a walk." I said through gritted teeth and, before he could answer, I grabbed his arm and dragged him off to a large maple tree. I sat down.

"Sit." I growled, patting the dirt next to me. He looked hesitant, but he sat down next to me.

"I hear you've been using my siblings as a punching bag." I glared daggers at him. He winced. Why was he so nervous?

"I'm sorry!! I was sick of them hurting me! I didn't mean to let my rage out on your brother and sister!!" He sobbed into my  shoulder.

"Woah woah woah, who's been beating you up, Frank?" I asked him. "My parents..." he cried, wrapping his arms around me.

May, what do you think? I don't know what to believe. I told my wolf. I heard her sigh, then gasp.

What's wrong? I asked her.

Paige, look closer, at his eye, She said, and she sounded anxious. I listened and looked closer. Above his right eye the was a deep cut with a bruise around it.

He has been beaten. I replied.

He's telling the truth, she said sadly. I looked down at the poor nine year old and hugged him back.

"Hey now, it's okay, I'll make sure your parents never hurt you again," I promised, then got up and helped him up.

"Wait here," I said, then walked behind the tree and got undressed, quickly shifting.

When i finished shifting, I picked up my clothes with my mouth, then walked out. When Frank saw me he smiled. I pointed to my back and he nodded, then climbed on.

I started to run back to the pack house, then when we were nearly there, I came to a stop and Frank got off. He walked away and I went behind a tree. I shifted back and got dressed, then walked out from behind the tree towards Frank.

He grabbed my hand as we got closer to his parents room. I knocked on the door and opened it, revealing Mark, one of my best fighters, and Reyna, sitting on the edge of the bed. They looked at me and smiled, but when they saw Frank, they scowled.

"What did he do now?" Reyna growled.

"It's not what he did, it's what you did that disgusts me," I growled back. She looked confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked me. Mark had the same facial expression; confusion.

"He told me that he's your punching bag. Is this true?" I asked them.

She looked angry and started glaring daggers at Frank.

"You promised," Mark growled.

"I never promised anything," Frank spat. I smiled at him, but Mark stepped closer threateningly.

"Touch him and your dead," I growled.

Frank gave me a thankful smile. Mark rolled his eyes.

"What are you gonna do? Kick us out?" He asked.

I smirked, "That can be arranged."