C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E | Double Date

Paige
The pack has moved in next door and it's been two weeks since the treaty. Jaye and I have been spending more time together and we have gotten to know each other more.

But what worries me most, is how are we going to live together? Is he gonna be the alpha of my pack or am I gonna be the Luna of his pack? I want to live with Jaye, but I don't want to lose my friends. I don't know what to do.

It'll be okay, Paige. We'll work out something, May reasons with me. I'm not really sure if I should believe her though.

Okay. I'm sure your right, I reply, furrowing my eyebrows.

A knock at the office door pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Come in!" I shout so they can hear me. The door knob twists and in walks... Kai?

We haven't seen him since the treaty, May says, astonished.

"Hi, Paige." He smiles and sits down next to me.

"Hey, Kai. I haven't seen you since the treaty with the Moon Shadow pack. What's up?" I ask. He takes in a sharp breathe.

"I've found my mate," He grins. My eyes widen and my mouth opens in shock.

"Really?" I ask, shooting up. He nods.

"Yeah. She's from the Golden Ember Pack." He explains.

"That's great, Kai! Congratulations!" I smile, congratulating him. "When can we meet her?" I ask, getting a little to excited.

"Whenever you want. We've gotta date tonight, so I'll ask her then," He smiles, standing up.

"Alright. Seeya later," I smile as he walks away. He waves and closes the door.

*
*

Jaye and I are going on a double date with Kai and his mate in about an hour. Kai mindlinked me about an hour after he left, and said that it was fine to go on a double date.

I walk over to my closet and find a pair of dark washed jeans and a dark grey v-neck, with a black leather jacket and a pair of dark purple converse high tops. When I was ready, a knock broke the silence.

I turn around and call out, "Come in!!"

The door is pushed open from the other side, and Jaye walks in and grins.

"You ready?"

"Yep,"

He takes my hand and walks me out of the room.

"So, where're we eating?" He asks as we get into his navy blue chevrolet. My lips press together into a thin line.

"I don't know."

Kai, where're we eating? I mindlink him. He replies shortly, At the ice rink.

"Turn left!" I shout as Jaye — nearly — drives past the road that leads to the ice skating stadium. I don't bother telling him where we're going. He twists the wheel hard to the left, through a red light.

About five minutes later, we are pulled over by the cops — thanks Jaye!

"I'd like you to step out of the vehicle, please." The man says. Jaye just sits there.

"No," He replies. The cop narrows his eyes.

"Sir, please step out of the vehicle." Jaye does something — I can't see what — and the cop backs away.

"Sorry, please continue," Alpha, he mumbles at the end. Jaye turns the car on again and starts driving. I tell him where to go and eventually we arrive at the ice rink.