C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N | Adoption

Paige (20 years old)
The look on their faces was priceless.

"You wouldn't kick us out. I was just joking," Mark laughed, but you could see that he was worried.

"Besides, who would look after Frank?" Reyna added, like she was the smartest person in the world.

May coughed. She is definitely not the smartest girl in the world. She coughed again.

"Hey!?" Reyna yelled, clapping her hands in front of my face.

"Who's gonna look after Frank?" She repeated. I smirked when an idea came to mind.

"I will," I said simply. "I'll adopt Frank," I pulled the little nine year old into my side.

"Thank you, Paige!!" He said, giving me a huge Cheshire Cat grin.

"What? No! You can't! He's to much responsibility! Just kill the worthless thing!!" Reyna screeched, referring to him as if he were a pot plant.

I smiled. "I have to look after two seven year old siblings, I'm pretty sure I can manage looking after a nine year old son," I said simply, then walked out of the room towards Charlie and Lewis's room.

"Hey guys," I smiled as I walked in. Charlie looked up from her dolls, then glared when she saw Frank.

"What's he doing here?" Lewis tried to growl, but without his wolf, it came more like a cough. He cleared his throat.

"Frank has something to say," I told them, nudging him on the shoulder. He looked up at me.

"I do?" He asked, confused.

Say sorry! I mouthed to him.

"Oh! Right! I do!" He turned to face Charlie and Lewis.

"Guys, I'm really sorry I bullied you. It's just, I was sick of being my parent's boxing bag, and I accidentally let my rage out on you. So I'm really sorry. Please forgive me?" He said with so much sorrow, love, and regret, that the twins couldn't say no.

"We forgive you," They ran up to him and hugged him. He looked at me confused, I guess he's never been hugged before.

I gave him the thumbs up, and he smiled, then hugged them back.

Well, I guess I should tell them...

"Who wants to be an Aunty and Uncle?" I asked the twins. They gasped.

"You're pregnant!?" They asked, squealing.

"What? No!! I'm adopting Frank," I told them.

They both looked at each other, then fainted. Whoops?

"Frank, go to the bathroom and get two cups from under the sink, fill them both with water and bring them to me," I said to him, and he nodded his head and ran into the bathroom.

About a minute later he came back with two cups of water.

"Thanks," I said, then took the cups away from him and poured each cup on each face.

They coughed and spluttered, then sat up.

"You're adopting who?!" They both yelled.

"His parents are being kicked out. Where else is he supposed to go?" I asked them both and they looked down. I win.