C H A P T E R S E V E N | Rogue Attack

Paige (15 years old)
I watched as Charlie and Lewis (my 2yr old brother and sister) ran around, screaming and hitting each other.

I blocked my ears as they ran past me, screaming.

Jeez, there loud, I laughed as Lewis fell over. He got up and giggled, then started chasing Charlie again. I shovel another spoon full of my breakfast into my mouth. Soon enough I am finished.

Mum and dad walked into the kitchen. I smiled at them, then put my bowl in the sink. I heard a bang and whipped around as fast as I could.

With my mum's expression, I knew exactly what was wrong.

Rogues, May and I think simultaneously. I growled and was about to shift but dad stood in front of me.

"What?" I growl, getting annoyed. My father looked shocked.

"You're not going out there," He said calmly, yet you could hear the fear in his voice. I sighed in defeat.

"Fine," I huffed, and he smiled, but when I glared at him he stopped. I rolled my eyes then let them go to fight.

Charlie and Lewis ran up to me. They pointed to mum and dad.

"Mummy?" Charlie asked, confused. I gave her a small smile.

"She'll come back, and daddy." I reassured them. They smiled and clapped there hands. I laughed and took there hands in mine.

I walked them to the emergency room, we're all the mothers and children were. I walked in and thanked the guard, then he closed the door and locked it, and I heard him walk off.

Probably to join the fight, May stated. I mentally nodded my head okay, then made sure everyone was alright.

Charlie and Lewis were still holding my hands, and we walked to the door incase anyone got in and we didn't want them to.

I heard a big gunshot from outside, and then a howl.

That sounds like dads howl, I told May.

No, it couldn't be. Lots of wolves have the same howl. It could have been anyone... She stated, but it sounded like she was trying to persuade herself as well.

With my werewolf hearing, I could hear a gruff voice on the other side. May and I both thought the same thing; rogue.

I turned around and made a shooshing gesture with me hand, and everyone went quiet. I heard the rogue walk away and I turned around.

"I'm scared," Charlie said worriedly as she clung to my arm. Lewis nodded in agreement and clung on to my other arm. I sighed knowing that I couldn't keep them in here forever.

"I know. But when the fight is over, mummy and daddy will be fine," I said.

I hope, I sighed heavily to myself.

They'll be fine, May tried to reassure me. I hoped she was right.

2hrs later.
A guard came rushing into the emergency room. He looked at me worriedly.

Uh oh, I told May.

Yeah. What do you think's wrong? She asked.

I don't know. But we're about to find out, I replied.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, worried. He whimpered. Okay, something is definitely wrong.

"What's wrong?" I asked more firmly. The guard flinched.

"Your parents... the Alpha... the Luna... they're... they're dead..." He said.

Did I hear him correctly?

"What..?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper. Tears stung my eyes.

"They're dead." He repeated. This cannot be happening...