C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N | A Date With Destiny, AKA Kai

Paige
I smile as I hear the knock on my bedroom door.

That would be Kai! May says excitedly. I laugh out loud.

Do I look good enough? I ask her as I look at my reflection in the mirror.

Hun, you always look good enough for every guy. She says, and I can just picture her little wolfy grin. I mentally sigh.

Obviously not, if the Moon Goddess hasn't paired me with anyone yet, I tell her as I walk over to the door. She doesn't say anything else and I liked it that way.

I hear another knock and I quickly open the door. I smiled at a grinning Kai.

"H-hi Paige." He stutters.

"Hi," I smile. I hold my finger up, gesturing I'll be one second, then close the door and grab my hat. I walk out of my room once again and meet up with Kai.

"You look pretty tonight. I mean, you look pretty every night," He laughs nervously.

"And everyday," He adds on quickly. I giggle.

"Come on, Joker. Do you wanna go on this date or what?" I say as I lightly punch him in the shoulder.

"I wouldn't have asked you out if I didn't want to go," He said making a point.

"Let's just go," I say as I shake my head, practically dragging him down and out of the pack house.

*
*

Kai really knew how to make a girl fall for him.

He took us to a beautiful river about five metres wide and only the moon goddess knows how long it was. Since it was only six thirty, the sun's light touched the water gently, making it swirl with shades of yellow, orange and pink.

Around the river bank were at least fifty sweet smelling candles. They sat next to a little boat with a table on it. I gasped and turned to Kai.

"Did you organise all this yourself?" I asked him. He scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, Ronnie and Henry told me what you like to eat and drink, so I got most of the info off them, but I set the layout and stuff by myself. Do you like it?" He asked, worried of what my answer might be.

"It's beautiful, Kai!" I answered, wrapping my arms around his neck to embrace him in a tight bear hug. He laughs.

"I'm glad you like it," He smiled as I pulled away. "Let's eat!" He says, taking my hand and pulling me over to the little boat. Now that I was up close and could see it clearly, I noticed the food that was laid upon the table neatly. And not just any food.

"Crayfish!" I gasped as I observed the crustacean in front of me. Kai smiled.

"I knew you liked seafood, so I picked my favourite in hopes you'd like it, too," He stated bashfully. I laughed.

"It's not just my favourite seafood. It's my favourite food of all time!" I say, sitting down in the boat.

Kai made his way to the end of the boat and lightly pushed it out into the water. He quickly stepped in and sat down on the seat across from me.

"Bon appètit,"