C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E | Finally Found

Paige
I sigh as I look around the large table. No one from the Moon Shadow Pack had arrived yet, but that was all about to change.

Alpha Jaye runs into the room, following behind him two girls and two boys.

He turns his attention to me and I look into his big brown eyes, and he looks into my blue ones.

Then and there we knew exactly what was happening.

I had found my mate.

When realisation came to me, I jumped out of my chair and into his arms.

"I found you!!" I cried into his neck, the sparks flew up my arm and into my neck and down my spine.

I never wanted to let go.

I heard a small whimper and turn around to see Kai looking down on the floor. I still have my arm around my mates waist.

I look up at him. His smile was enough to make any girl bow down until her nose touched the floor. I smiled back at him and pulled him into another hug.

But then somebody rudely cleared their throat.

I growled slightly but let go and stood next to my mate.

"How about we start the treaty. Where is Alpha Paige?" The same guy who had interrupted us said. He had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"I'm here," I said, raising my hand. The new people look at me surprised, especially my mate.

"You're Alpha Paige?" One of the girls ask. She had dark red hair and green eyes.

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" I ask, turning to look at her. But before she could answer Frank ran into the room.

"Mum, there's no milk left and the — oh, is this a bad time?" He says as he looks around at all the people.

"Mum?" Jaye growls, looking to me.

"Adopted son," I answer. He looks relieved.

"Moving on..." Franks says awkwardly, then I remember he had something to tell me. I turn my gaze back to my son.

"What were you saying?" I ask him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Oh, we ran out of milk and all the adults are in here and the pups are thirsty." He continues, walking over to me.

"Okay. Well, I'll be down soon," I tell him, and with a nod he walks out of the room.

"Anyway, where were we?" I ask, trying to think back to what we had been discussing earlier.

"Wait, so you're the Alpha of this pack?" The girl asks again.

"Yeah, so?" I question, not understanding her point.

"But, you're a girl." She states, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure she knows that." Bonita laughs, standing next to me.

I turned around and realised that Amber, Ronnie, Henry and Bonita were standing behind me. I hadn't noticed them before. They were probably too quiet.

"Wait. There's to many people. How about we introduce ourselves individually," Amber says, looking at all the people. They stand up and walk out of the room. Time to get started...