Chapter 20

Hey guys! Here is the next Chapter! Please enjoy it and fell free to vote, comment and critique!

Hugs and kisses Angi ^^

>>><<<

As evening comes around Sasuke and Naruto are late as they wobble inside, both proclaiming proudly to have made it to the top. I run over to them with a big grin and hug them both. "Well done! I'm so proud of you!" 

After that we all sit down and eat. Naruto sets his weary head on the table afterwards and Inari stares at him. Suddenly it breaks out of him: "What are you training so hard for? Against Gato's men you have no chance anyway. No matter how great your dreams are or how hard you work for it, if someone weak is standing against the strong, the weak always die! " 

Naruto snorted. "Whatever you say. I'm different." Inari begins to cry terribly. "I'd hate to be like you! You do not know anything about our country and yet you stick your nose into our affairs unnecessarily! You don't know anything! Life can be hell, but you joke around and always laugh stupidly! You have no idea how hard life can be! " 

I slam my fist angrily on the table. He has no idea how many emotional wounds this team has! "So it's okay for you to pose as a star of a tragedy and cry all day? Just continue your life, idiot! You little sissy!" 

After saying this Naruto left and Inari is shocked. "Some people have superficial scars which can be seen directly, like me right now for example. But there are also people who wear their scars on the soul and those are usually worse and harder to detect. When someone smiles at you, it does not necessarily mean that he is happy or has a good life. It can be a mask and under it he could be crying. Don't judge a book by its cover, or sometime in the future you will be awarded with a fist in your face." 

I storm after Naruto before I really hit him! Sakura is calling: "Hey you two!" But Sasuke gets up and goes after us as well. Once at the doorstep he turns to Sakura. "You know, they're right." I run to the nearest tree and swing back to strike it, again and again. 

Eventually my knuckles are bloody and my anger dissolves into smoke. "Sometimes I think you are a masochist, Nao." Sasuke emerges from behind the tree. I gasp out of breath. "Sometimes the physical pain helps to numb the mental one." 

I look down at my hands. He comes up to me, holding my hands in his and examines the damage. "Hn. But do not get accustom to it. If you have pain of any kind then come to me. Got it?" He looks into my turquoise eyes. 

Sighing, I nod. I tap him on the forehead. "But the same goes for you." "Hn." He puts his arm around my shoulders and we walk back into the house together. I was longer outside than I thought, because the others are already all in bed. 

"Hey ..." I knead my hands nervously as he stares at me quizzically. "Can we sleep together? I fear I will have bad dreams ..." He shrugs and I take that as a yes. We dress and I cuddle up to him. "I can't ever live without you. You know that, Sasuke?" I murmur before I slip into a deep sleep.

Sasuke POV

I've been thinking all day about my changed feelings for Nao and have come to a decision. I'll take my partial misplaced affections such as kissing him or touching him into the back of my mind. 

It is currently not important what exactly I feel for him, but only that he's safe. He was not there in the fight against Zabuza, but I know that as it comes to a fight again I want to ship him at the other end of the world so he stayes safe. 

He is still so weak from his ordeal. I hug him closer to me and put my mouth on his hair. To calm myself, I breathe his smell of freshly cut grass with a few floral notes in deeply. That must never happen again. I will even lock him in, if necessary.