Chapter 4 *

After he had told me about his preference for tomatoes, I decided to make spaghetti with tomato sauce. Since these people probably have no spaghetti in bags, I have to make them myself.

When we are done with shopping, each of us is packed with bags. Both of us must squint over the bagsat the street so that we see where we are going. "When we arrived, you've trulyearned your food!"

I call over to Sasuke-kun. "Hn." is all he says. I roll with the eyes and am relieved when Kakshi-san's housefinally comes in sight. I push the handle down with my elbow and kick the door open.

He has left me no key, therefore I could not lock the door before leaving. Sasuke-kun follows me into the kitchen and we set down our burdens on the dining table. Exhausted, we fall on the chairs gasping.

"You're almost as bad with shopping as a girl." he gasps. I shrug shortly. Sighing, I get up and start clearing the things away. I throw the bags with the clothes unceremoniously into the living room.

"Do you want to drink something?" I ask Sasuke-kun. "A water please." I give him his glass and also take one for myself. "You can stay here and watch me cook or go into the living room and watch something on television."

"Hn. I'd rather stay here and take care that you do not accidentally put poison in our food." Shaking his head, I set to work. Once the spaghetti finished I put them aside because they do not need to cook for long.

As I unpack the fresh and sieved tomatoes Sasuke-kun perks up and looks exactly on my fingers. After I finished cooking, I serve him a great portion and scoop a little less for me. Thank God I made enough for Kakashi-san too.

Sasuke-kun pecks a few noodles gently with his chopsticks and considers them suspicious. With an annoyed eye roll, I grab myself some and stick them in my mouth. Chewing I nod at him. Slowly he puts them in his mouth and chews slowly.

As the tomato flavor and his taste buds meet, his eyes widen and he begins shoveling quickly. Within a short time he was done, leans back contentedly in his chair and is holding his stomach. Seeing this I smirk and say: "Well, tasted good Sasuke-kun?"

Frowning, he replies: "It was good and you can call me Sasuke." Confused, I tilt my head to the side: "But they told me I should always put -kun for adolescent males and for adults -san behind the name." Astonished, he looks at me: "You really don't know anything right ?!"

Offended I stare at him: "It's not my fault that the things here are so different than in my home! Well if you would be in my home, you'd have a hard time too!"

"I didn't mean it that way. I explain it to you. If you are close friends with someone, you can keep off the name affixes. But if you do that with strangers it's considered rude. I think of you as my friend, so you don't need to add -kun anymore. "

Surprised I stare at him, "I thought you don't like me?" "Hn. Dope." he says, tapping his index finger in the middle of my forehead. Firmly. "Ow! What was that for?" I rub my head. "Nothing." He smiles at me.

Wait. What? Smiles? The only expression of him until then was frowning, smirking or without anything. I smile back as my vision falls on the clock. It's 10 p.m. "Want to sleep here? Kakashi-san will not mind, because he is off on a mission anyway and it's late already."

"Sure. Thanks. I also need to rise early tomorrow morning as I have to go to the academy." Nodding, we wash our plates and I place Kakashi-san's plate in the refrigerator. I show him my room and disappear into the bathroom first.

Fortunately, we got more new toothbrushes this afternoon. After I'm done Sasuke vanishes into the bathroom, and I wonder how we sleep the best. The bed should be large enough and usually, I am not moving particularly much at night.