Chapter 1 *

Beep Beep Beep, Beep Beep Beep, Beep Bee- CRASH! I cut off my annoying alarm clock with a solid blow and turn around again in my nice warm, soft bed.

After some time I sigh, roll out of my little heaven and out into the cold reality. Tired I waddle in my small white bath and get ready for another day in hell (or also called school).

With turquoise eyes, I stare at my pale reflection. I can't tell what the children in my school or my father see in me that is so repulsive.

I  have a small snub nose, shapely full lips, eyes that do not know whether they would rather be blue or green and curly short reddish-brown hair. Two ears which I got pierced some time ago. Two on each side with black buttons inside.

My father's dislike towards me  I understand because I remind him of his late wife. Since my mother died from complications at birth, I can't remember her but thanks to some pictures I know that I look very similar to her.

The only difference between us are the eyes. My mother had beautiful dark brown eyes which looked like melted chocolate. Moreover,  I think my father blames me for her death and the fact that he would prefer a boy over a girl probably plays a small role too.

Again sighing I go back to my beige painted room and get dressed. Dark jeans, a black T-shirt, my favorite baby blue shirt and my beige scarf.

Maybe my schoolmates do not like that I dress like a boy and not like the girls in my class with all the pink, purple and glittering. A shiver runs down my spine. I hate pink.

Shrugging I grab my bag and run through my empty, cold home. In the kitchen, I quickly make my lunchbox (with chocolate hazelnut cream) and take my 20-minute walk to school. Slowly I'm shuffling along the sidewalk with my hands in the pockets.

Arriving at my school the loud screaming and laughing by hundreds of students welcomes me. Sighing, I go to my class and sit on my window seat. No 5 minutes later someone kicks my chair and sits down on my table.

"Well, you freak, what are you doing today? Didn't know again that you are actually a girl, or what?!" Oh great. My best friend, Max. Warning... that was sarcasm. He tried to bully me since the first day. The emphasis is on trying.

"Good morning Max. As always, I rather wanted to be a boy again today. Thank you for your helpful information." An angry red coats his face as he grabs me by the collar and pulls me close to his face.

"Now listen well with your ears' Naomi' because I will not repeat myself. Take good care of yourself, because you never know when I'll strike. " With a humph, he pushed me back into my seat and trotted away.

Sighing, I rest my face on my hand and look out the window. After some time our teacher comes to class and checks if all of us are here. "Naomi Mayer?" "Mr. Koch, can you please me call Nao?"

But as always, he doesn't listen to me and calls the next one. Sighing, I look bored out the window again and imagine what it would be like if I really were a boy.

Maybe the others would accept me then as I am, and my father perhaps could love me. But like all daydreams, this one bursts as well by the bell, which marks the end of the school day.

Hastily I pack my things and run home. Today is Friday, so Father comes home. As I turn into our street, I see his black BMW already in our driveway.

Grinning, I sprint to the door, but before I open it, I wipe it off my face. Father does not like it when I'm happy and smile because it reminds him of mother.

Measured I lock the door open and step into the hallway. Even from a distance, I can hear him on the phone talking: "No it's not a problem. Yes, I will leave first thing tomorrow morning and will be there in the afternoon.  Do not worry. We will win your case, so your are only sentenced with manslaughter. Then you might be condemned for six years and for good behavior you are out again after three years. "