Chapter 3 *

"All of that can't be true! How is something like that possible?" I ask the old man shocked. He looks at me worriedly: "How did you get here?" So I tell him the story, and he puffs his pipe thoughtfully. 

"I can't help you as to how you can go back home, but I can get you a temporary accommodation. You have to live with one of my men as you will be monitored. If you're out of his reach, he will send an ANBU who will inconspicuously follow you. ANBU are my specialists. So don't think you'd be alone because you will not be. "

I look up from my place on the floor: "Why are you so kind to me? Others would simply throw me out on the street?" He smiles at me warmly: "You are still a child, don't have a property, don't know anyone here, and you got lost and cannot find the way back. Furthermore, I don't assume that you're a spy, so I don't think.. that you're OVERLY dangerous. So and now call Kakashi, Izumo, and Kotetsu. "

In a cloud of smoke, the two disappear right in front of my nose. Wide-eyed, I look around: "Where have they gone to, you can't just go pop!" The Hokage begins to laugh loudly: "I don't assume you know any Jutsu or what chakra is ?!"

With an inclined head, I look at him quizzically. "So that means no. Kakashi will you answer all your questions soon." After another Poof next to me there stands a man with hair which looks literally like a silver mountain, and this sign thingy covers his left eye.

He also has a mask over his nose and mouth. In his left hand, he is holding an orange book, and his other hand is in his pocket. He bows briefly and then stands back casually. "You called Lord Hokage."

"Aah, Kakashi yes. The young Nao here needs a place to stay for a while, and he is to be monitored. I thought  who would be more suited for the job than you, Kakashi." He blows the air out in a long sigh. "Roger that."

He turns to me and helps me back up. "My name is Kakashi Hatake. Don't make problems for me and I won't too." I nod and stretch out my hand for a handshake. "My name is Nao Mayer. I come from far away and don't know if I can find my way back. Ten years old. Thank you for having me Mr. Hatake."

He reciprocated my handshake and said: "Uhm, we address people here differently. Please call me Kakashi-san, Nao-kun." "Kun?" "This is the correct way to address young males. And now please follow me, I finally want to rest and read."

Undeterred by his rudeness I wave at the Hokage bye and follow Kakashi-san. We walk through the city and many people look at me in curiously. I have myself under control again so I put forth my expressionless face and put my hands in my pockets.

"Hey, Nao-kun. Are you hungry?" asks me Kakashi-san. Before I can answer my stomach growls so loudly that even people five meters away from me, look around frightened. "I take that as a yes. Is instant ramen okay?"

He looks at me wondering. "I'm not fussy with my food, though I have never eaten ramen." He looks at me shocked. "Never eaten ramen? What are you eating otherwise where are you from?" Uninterested I shrug. "Things like spaghetti, pizza, vegetable casserole, potatoes generally, etc."

"I have never heard of it." Again, I shrug. "If you want I can cook for you in thanks for allowing me to live with you." "You can cook?" Sighing, I stop and look at him with a frown: "Listen Kakashi-san, I am grateful that you allow me to live with you and everything, but I don't trust you enough to spread my past in front of you. I know you didn't mean it that way, so I'll let you know that now. Know only one thing, I was most of my life alone and am therefore in household cores well versed. Is that enough to satisfy your curiosity? "

With a nod and sigh, he pets my head briefly, and we walk further. He stops in front of a dull white 2-story house and closes the door. "You can just have a look around. Your room will then be the guest room, and you also have your own bathroom. I'll cook our food and tell you when it's finished."