Chapter 42

Hey guys! sorry you had to wait for so long, but between the holidays we had 2 birthdays and after them, we had/have 3 more...so it was a bit hectic on my end. hopefully, you all had a wonderful Christmas and a good start into the new year! love ya'all! 

"Erm... I hate to interrupt, but..." I point to a gray-haired young man. "What the hell is he doing here?" Kabuto grins at me. "I am here as your personal bodyguard." "This is the best joke I've heard this year!" He comes up to me and grabs my arm.

"You're going to go with me because Konoha has a couple of Genin on us. They are your friends, and I want to avoid interference from you..." Shit! Tsunade, we had a damn deal! But I know Naruto is the one who instigated the others.

I stared at the others furiously. "If one of my friends is seriously hurt, you will pay for it!" With this, Kabuto pulled me off the group by my arm, and we jumped into the trees. "Will you cause me trouble again or are you coming with me voluntarily this time?"

I tear my arm out of his claws and snort. "I'll go. Otherwise, I would not be here." He nods with a satisfied smile. "Orochimaru-sama is waiting for you to give you your Curse-Seal." Ew... Thanks for this information I would have preferred not to know.

Sighing, I adjust my backpack and follow him. After a seeming eternity in which I was worried about all of my friends, we finally arrive at our destination. This time we don't have to jump into a hole like Alice in Wonderland, but there is an inconspicuous staircase which leads into the depths of a widely branched underground labyrinth.

Everything is dark, and only a few torches on the walls brighten our way. I won't even start talking about all the dust, but Vampman should urgently change his cleaning lady. After not even five minutes, I don't remember the way back the exit.

Hopefully, I can sometimes leave here to get some fresh air... It's rather stuffy. We stop before a large wooden door, and he knocks. "Come in." It hisses and a small icy chill runs down my back. Now, there is no turning back for me.

I take a deep breath and follow Kabuto into the big and mostly dark hall. Orochimaru sits on a thronelike chair and grins at me. "Finally! Nao, what a joy to finally have you by my side." I don't even try to smile and stay emotionless as I bow to him.

"Why so silent, my dear? Afraid? Kekekeke!" I stare at him angrily. "Not at all." His laughing stops and Kabuto gets angry. "Know your place, you scum!" Orochimaru raises his hand before Kabuto can say more.

"I know you're afraid, Nao. You can not hide it completely from me, but I also know that you are here voluntarily for a reason. For that, I demand obedience and to make sure I get it you will receive a special gift."

He comes slowly towards me and circles me like a predator. He stops at my neck, bends close to it and breathes in deeply with a moan. I'm fisting my hands, so I do not cut him down. When I feel something warm and wet on my ear, I muster all my self-control not to flinch back.

Such behavior is interpreted as weakness, and I cannot allow that they view me as such in a nest full of hunters. "Hmm... Your courage despite your fear... It's just tasty." Then he takes a step back, and I notice his arms hanging uselessly in bandages by his side.

Gramps must have done this to him. Proudly and maliciously I laugh in my heart, but still show no expression on my face. "I'll give you a special Curse seal that I've developed just for you, nobody else will ever get it so you should feel honored."