Chapter 41

Hey! Sorry it took me so long. Without further ado... here is the new chapter.

After this absolutely embarrassing chapter in my life is (thank kami) finished and the donuts and the sausages are eaten, I remember what Sasuke said yesterday. My facial expression changes from green to serious which does not escape Tsunade-sama sharp eyes.

She sits down again at her Hokage desk and crosses over her fingers with each other. Seriously she looks at me and asks, "But that was not all, isn't it?" I nod. "Is this room absolutely secure at the moment? I do not want this conversation to go to a third party, because what I am about to discuss now should remain a secret."

With furrowed brows, she makes a hand movement and a 'swish' is heard. "I've sent everyone away and this room is soundproof. Now, what is it?" I hope that Sasuke forgives me that I tell her, but it is better to have a pseudo-permission than none.

"Sasuke will leave the village and go to Orochimaru in the near future. I will accompany him and I tell you this so we can make an agreement." She leans forward and says sarcastically: "Then I'm curious as to why I should not immediately lock you up as a traitor."

I look deep into her eyes. "I'm going to act as a spy for Konoha and I will collect information about Orochimaru and the Akatsuki as much as I can." She frowns deeper. "What do you want in return?" I take a deep breath.

"I want that we can leave the village without problems, without being attacked by Anbu or other Konoha Ninja and we will not appear in the bingo book as traitors, but as missing people." I take a deep breathe again.

"I want to be able to return to Konoha without fear of being arrested if our lives are in danger or the mission has to be abandoned. I will risk my life for this mission and I will not do it without adequate consideration."

"They are all legitimate demands and they are well thought out, so I ask you: Why are you so willing to risk your life like that for him?" I smile at her. "I've promised myself and him that I'll follow him everywhere, even if it is hell. Because I know if I don't, he will drown in his own darkness which he carries in his heart. And as long as my heart beats, I will make sure he stays afloat."

She gazes at me thoughtfully and looks me up and down. "Just the information is not good enough for me." I stare at her with wide eyes and swallowed audibly. "I do not want you to kill anyone innocent while you are with Orochimaru and-" I hold my breath. "-and both of you have to come back home safely."

I breathe easier and give her a big grin. "Naturally!" "But what about Naruto and the others? They will surely ask why you 'ran away' and he will want to get you back." I tap with my index finger thoughtfully at my lower lip until I get a small idea.

"I'll leave farewell letters. Hopefully, it'll stop them until we're out of reach." Nodding, she stands up and reaches out her hand. "Well then Nao, you're officially on an S-Rank mission that is top-secret." I get up and take her hand. "Yeah." I nod and the stones in my stomach become somewhat less heavy.

Timeskip, the same day -> evening

My most important things are packed and sealed in a scroll. My apartment is tidy and the letters are written. I put them obviously in the middle of the living room table, so Naruto finds them as soon as he opens the door.

A letter is of course for him, one for Sakura, one for Kakashi-sensei as well as one is for Tsunade-sama. With some luck, Naruto will not insist on following us because the Sound Ninja will take us to Orochimaru.