Chapter 90

A few weeks have gone by since the wedding; they finally bought a house together!
There's even more good news, Luke finally thrown his father out of his life completely. He disowned him; all in all, he didn't even invite him to the wedding. He doesn't care if his father served time in jail or is going to therapy, that's not ever going to fix what he's done to him in the passed. Lukes too damaged now to trust people.
It's still taking izzy and Luke some time to actually realize that they're together forever and that they're living in the same household - there's a lot to be getting used to. Like when izzy is fixing her hair in the bathroom mirror Luke likes to walk over brush his teeth and he playfully pushes her over, she smacks him with anything she can find. 
Today, Luke was taking forever to get ready, and izzy came into the bathroom because she was getting extremely worried. "Hey what are you doing?" She questioned him in a concerning tone. "Just looking at my old prescriptions that's all. Remember when I had to take these when I was 16?" Izzy grabbed the pill bottle out of Luke's hand. "Why do you keep your anti-depressants ? You've been mentally okay for almost 2 years." Isabelle was clearly very concerned. "I keep them just incase I find myself coming across those thoughts you know...." Izzy put the bottle away to the cabinet and all of a sudden Luke found himself starring at himself in the mirror. "It's finally how when I was a teenager that I used to be so disgusted with myself that I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. When I attempted too all I would see is this different person. I would see a monster through that glass."
Luke rubbed his hand over his reflection in the mirror. "Now I'm healed and I accept myself. I don't see that demon anymore controlling me. I happy with myself." A smile formed on izzy's face. "It took awhile but you learned that acceptance is better than hatred."
"I used to close the bathroom door, glance into the mirror for a split second; and just cry my eyes out when nobody was around. I couldn't stand to look at myself because of what people said to me. I would make myself so up tight that I would throw up. I'd wake up every day wanting to die. I wish I wasn't like that." Tears brimmed in lukes eyes.  "The amounts of times I saw my mom cry for me was insane. I was supposed to be her perfect child but it never ended up that way, sadly. I was made to have this burden on my back that I had to carry all through out my teenage years. I just wanted it to end. I didn't want to hurt the others around me." Luke was getting extremely upset so izzy made him sit on the bed. "Just breathe, hunny. Let it all out." Izzy reassured Lukey that it's okay. "I never felt accepted in society. I always felt like I didn't belong. I had to switch schools when I was younger because of the bullying."
"Everybody's unique in their own ways and if people are going to try to make you change because they hate you, that's their problem not yours." IZzys comforting words make Luke feel better. "And what made everything worse was when I decided to add marks to my body. that's when I hit my breaking point. I wanted to try it once , I didn't know it was going to eventually spiral out into to something awful. You have no idea how hard it is to have a fan come up to and see those up your wrists. It was my job to save them not vice versa. "
"All I can tell you Luke, is the passed doesn't matter now. You have a happy life. You're happy with yourself. You healed and I'm happy your here with me and that's what matters most to me." They both smiled at one another. Luke gazed into her eyes and eventually pressed his lips to hers. It relieved the both of them.