Chapter 87

A day later Luke and izzy flew back to New York. When they arrived in New York, they got an über and asked the über driver to drop them off at the Hilton hotel in NYC. Straight after, they asked the driver to take them to queens to go the cemetery. Izzy was going to go visit her grandma.
When they got to the cemetery they had to walk a little bit until they found the correct headstone. They stood there for a little bit studying the grave. "Let's say a prayer,  first." Luke suggested.  Izzy nodded. They silently prayed for a few seconds. "Hey grandma I missed you." Izzy began talking, tears welling up in her eyes. "I miss you too." Luke said, with emotion in his voice. "Good news grandma, Luke proposed to me! I'm officially engaged to the love of my life." Izzy smiled, even with tears coming down her face.  "See, just look at this beautiful ring he got me. "(She faced her hand toward the headstone) I wish you were here so you could see me get married."
~
Two days later, they flew back home to Sydney. And first things first, Luke drove izzy to the Sydney cemetery. That's right, they were going to visit liz's grave.
"Hey, mum. I miss you more than ever. A lot has changed since you are gone. I mean like a lot. Dad, has tried to hurt me, countless amounts of times. He almost killed me at one point too." Luke got upset. " I love you so so much. I still can't believe you're gone.  I hope you're proud of me." Izzy rubbed his shoulder. "Liz, I miss you too." Izzy added. "In other news, I finally proposed to izzy. And she said yes!!! We're going to get married some point next year. I'm so happy, that I finally get to be married to my life saver!" Luke was getting really upset. "You don't understand how much I've been needing you lately. It's crazy." He added. "Look at the ring, your son got me. Isn't it gorgeous?"
"Isabelle, the truth is. That's my mother's wedding ring."
"Oh my god Luke." She embraced him as he buried his face in her chest, crying so hard.
He was just taking it really hard.