Chapter 69

Luke arrived at the airport in New York the next morning. Afterwards he went to the hospital, and waited in the waiting area to see if he would spot Izzy.

"Luke? Luke is that you?" A voice appeared behind Luke, he turned around panicking to himself. "Izzy." Luke raised his voice and eyebrows. "Luke Im so glad and ecstatic to see you! Its been forever since I last saw your pretty little face." Izzy smiled and wrapped her arms around Luke's torso. "Luke? What happened to your cheek?" Izzy brushed her hand against Luke's round-blump cheek causing Luke to flinch. "Uh, someone in  school beat me up. I'm okay." Luke hesitated. "Who beat you up?" Izzy questioned. "Um a senior jock from the football team. Its no big deal." Luke quickly turned his head and looked down at the floor, he though Izzy wouldn't look at him. "I've missed you. I've missed how shy you can be. You're literally my world, I don't want anything bad ever to happen to you." Izzy gripped Lukes hand. Izzy smiled at Luke and he blushed back. " I try every single day to love myself and to be perfect, but I guess that'll never happen." luke sniffled and sighed, loudly.

"I love you & all your little things, Lukey. You'll always be perfect to me." Izzy said to Luke as they walked down the hospital hallway. "You shouldn't hate yourself for anything." Izzy made her and Luke stop in the middle of the hall. Izzy lifted up Luke's arm with one hand,she held luke's arm in one hand and rolled up his sleeve with the other. "You're perfect with or without these scars Luke." Izzy bent over a bit and kissed Luke's scars, causing Luke's cheeks to turn a light pinkish color. " I don't get why you like me so much, I'm a failure." Luke got sad and rolled his sleeve back down. He even shoved his hands into his jean pockets.

After a few more minutes of walking, they finally arrived at the room. "Lukey, I'm going to have to warn you in advanced, my grandma has been very sick, she has a severe lung infection. She's going to look very fragile & drained. I'm scared." izzy's expression immediately went from passionate to dazed and unhappy. "You need a hug."

Luke hugged Izzy before entering the room, that held Isabelle's grandmother.