Chapter 77

The first night of Luke being in the hospital was terrible. Absolutely terrible. Doctors were constantly coming in and out of his room checking his vitals, and police kept coming in and questioning me. I've done nothing wrong. I didn't even know that this could've happened. My main concern was when he was going to wake up. It's his birthday today and he's 19. He has to wake up. He can't die on me and his fans. I blame his father he caused this because he had to get drunk off his face and almost kill his son. I hope he rots in prison, he deserves shit. He clearly never was a family man like I thought he was. 
One of the worst things of it all, is that I couldn't see Luke's face  before this happened. Thinking back to myself his last words to me on the phone that he was on his way, I don't even remember if I said I love you. I feel horrible. And secondly Michael came last night and was devastated, he cried when he walked through the door and saw Luke. When I told him that Luke was in critical condition, it fucking devastated him. I saw his heart break, I don't want to see that happen ever again.
This morning, Calum, Ashton & Dave are supposed to come. I can just imagine how they feel about this whole situation.
I'm starting to think this is my fault. I should've stopped Luke from getting his father out of prison. If he was still in prison; Luke wouldn't be in a coma in the hospital. Instead, Luke would be out celebrating his 19th birthday with me.
I eventually was able to sneak a bit of a snooze. But, than around 8am I got woken up by a doctor.
"Excuse me miss? Are you Isabelle Maloney? Luke's girlfriend?" I eventually responded by saying "yes I am. How's Luke doing? When is he going to wake up?"
The doctor paused for a second, looked at poor bruised and torn up Lukey and than looked back at me. Clearly, his emotions were getting to him. He responded and said "he can wake up anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 years."

All of a sudden, the heart monitor began to beep. A few seconds later it stArted to register flat lines. I started to hysterically cry as the doctors came rushing in, trying to do everything they can for the love of my life.
They kept shocking his heart, and than after a few minutes they were able to get a slow pulse.
"miss, Luke has a crushed chest. He needs a chest tube. That will keep him alive. Or he's going to suffocate. Consent to this and you'll be able to stay while we do the procedure." I answered the doctor so quick he couldn't even finish his sentence. And before I knew it they were operating on Luke's chest right in front of me, inserting a chest tube, which was as long as hose. I hope he doesn't feel that. I hope he's not experiencing any discomfort or pain, he doesn't deserve to.
5 minutes later, the doctors were all done and before leaving the room they told me how lucky Luke is and how lucky I am. They even added on that the operation was a success.
Luke's my everything, and now he's in between life and death.
"Luke, I need you to open your eyes babe. Say something. I love you okay? You have so much to live for. Without you, I have no one else to hold in my arms. I'll have no one else to talk to or love. I'll be a lost soul. Please God, don't take Luke away from me like this. He can't be taken from us so early. He means so much to so many." I just went on and on to Luke. I kept squeezing his hand. All the memories of us being together in the last four years kept flashing through my mind.
I can't bury my boyfriend. I won't bury my boyfriend, not today, not tomorrow, not next week, next month or next year.
Luke is my other half. He has to stay, not just for me, but his fans and his band. We need him for as long as possible.