chapter 68

"You're not mad at me Ashton are you?" Luke made the puppy dog face. "No, im not mad. Just upset." Ashton crossed his arms, rolling his eyes. "Im sorry. This is just very difficult for me. " Luke frowned, he felt absolutely horrible.

"Don't feel bad. It's just that I don't like people getting abused. A former friend of mine was getting severely abused by his parents, and after awhile his body couldn't take it anymore and he died. I don't want that to happen to you, that's all. I can't go through that again. " Ashton began crying. "Please don't let your father hurt you. I know you need a father in your life. Believe me I wish my dad was still in my life, but he's not. He left me almost 20 years ago. It just hurts to know that my father didn't want me and he though I was a waste of space. He said my mum was a whore for having me,do you know how fucking horrible that makes me feel? But, your dad is a monster, he needs to have the authorities deal with him. You can't stay with him, his words and actions do no good for you. Izzy wouldn't want to see you getting hurt by him, she sees him as a nice guy. Soon, you're going to have to confront her about you getting hurt.Or i'll tell her. Luke just stared at ashton with emotion in his eyes. "Look, we both have our problems. I know you want to help you but Izzy cant know." Luke got up off the chair and walked out of the house.

*Ring* *ring ring*

"Hello? izzy? is that you?"

"Luke? Luke is that you?"

"Yes, its Luke. Whats the matter?"

"Im coming home. My flight is leaving in 5 minutes."
"what? I thought you weren't coming home for another 2 weeks.?"

"Its a family emergency back in New York."

"Whats happening?"

"Its my grandmother."

"Whats wrong? Is she okay?"

"Shes in the hospital Luke."

"what happened to her?"

"shes very sick. My mom is so very upset."
"Im so sorry Izzy."

"Do you think you can catch a flight to New York in the morning?"
"I'll try. Good luck. I hope your grandma is okay."

"I love you, and if you can get to New York that would be wonderful."

"I love you too. Trust me I'll be there."

the next morning...........................