Babysitting

*Niall's P.O.V.*

After a couple minutes, I decided to go back home. I got up and left Nicole's room. I started to walk down the hallway, when I accidentally ran into someone who was turning the corner.

We both fell to the floor. I was the first to get up, "I'm sorry," I apologized. I held my hand out for her to grab, so I could help her up. She didn't move. She just stared at me for a moment, then her eyes grew wide. Crap, did she figure out who I was.

"P-Please don't scream or yell my name," I begged.

"I won't," She replied. She took my hand, and I helped her up. She had bright blue eyes and dark brown hair.

"You're Niall Horan, Nicole's boyfriend, aren't you?" She asked. I nodded, a little confused by the added 'Nicole's boyfriend' part, "Yeah, that's me."

Rain stuck out her hand, so I shook it.

"I'm friends with Nicole," She replied.

"Wait, as in college?" I asked. Rain nodded, "Yeah, we go to the same college together."

"Do you know anything about the bullies there?" I asked. She shook her head, "Not really... But, the teachers are trying to find out who they are."

"If you're Nicole's friend, then why didn't you help her?" I challenged, somewhat angry. Rain's gaze fell to the ground, "B-Because I was mad at her at that time..." She mumbled.

"Why?" I asked.

""B-Because Chase was in love with her," She mumbled, her cheeks tinted red, "I-I was jealous. I started to ignore her, because I was so jealous. I feel absolutely horrible about it now."

"I can't believe all her friends wouldn't help her when she was being constantly bullied," I angrily muttered. Rain look ashamed, "I-I know..... I feel terrible... U-Um, I have to go."

Rain quickly pushed past me. I saw her quickly walk in the direction of Nicole's room. So, she's visiting her?

I know I shouldn't have done this, but I did anyways. I followed behind her, making sure she didn't see me. I walked over to the closed door of Nicole's room, and pressed my ear against it. I listened in, to hear what she was saying.

"I'm here again, Snow White," I heard Rain say. Snow White? What the hell does that mean? And, again? Has she come here before?

"Nicole... I'm sorry about being jealous and ignoring you.... I should've noticed that you were suffering. You didn't show up at lunch for over a month. I heard about people bullying you. Why didn't I do anything? I guess I was scared. I was bullied all through my schooling, and I just wanted relief from it. I wanted to escape the bullying. I-I'm so sorry..."

There was silence, then I heard sobbing . I shouldn't listen anymore....

I walked away from the door and down the hallway. I walked through the waiting room, when I saw a guy walk in. He had messy brown hair, and brown eyes. I knew who he was. How could I forget? He is one of the three guys Nicole has went on a date with. She went on a date with me, Harry, and... Chase.

I saw him starting to walk towards Nicole's room. There is no way in hell that I'm letting him go in. I stepped in front of him, stopping him. He realized who I was and his eyes grew wide. Chase tried to play it off like he didn't know me, "E-Excuse me," He nervously muttered.

"So, you told my girlfriend you're in love with her?" I asked, through clenched teeth.

"N-No, I didn't," he nervously argued. I cannot stand liars. I pushed him against the wall to the right, "Don't you ever come onto my girlfriend," I growled, "She isn't in love with you, so just stay the hell away from her."

I let go, and simply turned around. I left the hospital, leaving Chase to think about what I said. I hate him so much.
*

I opened up the garage door to the house to see Zayn passed out with Mason screaming in his arms. Louis and Liam were loudly arguing about something, that I didn't care about. I guess I better fix this.

I walked in the kitchen, where Liam and Louis were arguing. I groaned, "Shut up, guys." Nothing. Let's try again, "Shut up!" I exclaimed. Again, same result. One last time, "SHUT UP!"

Liam and Louis instantly fell silent. The room was now only filled with the baby's screams.

"What are you doing?" I asked, annoyed. They started talking all at once.

"Liam first," I demanded.

"Louis messed up the kitchen, not me," Liam explained, pointing to the huge mess that was on the stove, and on the bottom of the microwave that was above it. Some white liquid was splattered everywhere.

"What the hell did you two do?" I asked, shocked.

"I didn't, Louis did!" Liam argued.

"No!" Louis protested, "Liam did! He was in charge of that!"

"Then, I told you to watch over it while I go to the bathroom," Liam argued. I groaned, "Who cares? Just clean up... Whatever that is..."

"It's baby formula," Louis answered.

"Whatever," I replied, "What happened to Zayn?"

Liam shrugged, "I guess he fell asleep because he was so exhausted."

"I thought you guys were going to take care of the baby for Zayn?" I asked.

"We did, but then Liam and I got in an argument, and Zayn had to come downstairs to take care of the baby," Louis replied. I looked at him like he was crazy, "Why would you do that to him? The baby is screaming, and he's still asleep!"

I ignored Louis's answer and went to help Zayn. I pulled the baby out of his arms, and tried to calm him down. Soon, Mason fell asleep, so I carried him up to Zayn's room. I tucked him into his crib, and then headed back downstairs.

"Hey, where's Harry?" I asked Louis and Liam.

"Harry went to tell Marie about Rachel," Liam answered, "They were good friends, so he thinks she's going to take it pretty hard."

I nodded, then went over to the fridge, and grabbed something to eat for lunch. I sat down at the counter, as Liam and Louis cleaned up the massive mess. Louis frowned at me, "You know, you could help," He said. I nodded, "I know, but I won't."

Louis rolled his eyes, and continued cleaning.

"I want to tell you something," I randomly said. Liam looked over at me, "What?"

"It's an idea I have," I replied, "It's different, but I really want to do this."

I told the two lads the idea. The room fell silent for a minute.

"You sure?" Louis asked. I nodded, "Yes, I'm positive."

"Well, sounds good to me," Liam replied, "It's your choice, not ours."

I grinned, "Okay, I will."
*

*Zayn's P.O.V.*

We finished our interview, and I held Mason in my arms. I had just introduced him to all the directioners. I also broke the news of Rachel dying. It was hard, but I was able to do it. Mason is only two weeks old, but still and extreme handful. I haven't gotten much sleep in two weeks. I'm surprised the stylists were able to hide the purple bags under my eyes. They don't ever seem to go away without makeup.

The boys and I walked away, to the dressing room. I set Mason down in his car seat, and then quickly changed into my other outfit. I then turned to see the other boys were still changing. They soon finished, so we could go home.
*

I pulled Mason out of his car seat, and carried him inside. He was sound asleep, so the boys remained silent. I carried him up the stairs. I walked into my room, and set the sleeping baby into his crib. I sat on top of my bed, and grabbed my phone.

I went to contacts, and saw Rachel's number. I clicked on messages, so I could read our previous messages. I read through all the messages... And read all the I love you's.

Suddenly, I felt angry. I threw my phone at the wall, and it broke apart. I can't take this! How could I ever think I could live without her! Rachel was the girl I wanted to live with forever! I lost her! I was the one that got her pregnant and caused her to die!

I felt the overwhelming hatred towards myself fill me. I slammed my fist against the wall, creating a deep hole in the whole, and... Horrible pain.

That caused Mason to wake up, and start screaming. I gasped, and clutched my bleeding knuckles. The pain was horrible. Please, don't let my knuckles be open.

Louis suddenly slammed the door open. I quickly shoved my bleeding fist behind my back.

"What was that?" Louis asked, and I could see Niall and Liam behind him.

"U-Um, nothing," I replied, trying to not let the pain show through my facial features.

"What's behind your back?" Liam asked me.

"Nothing, just my hand," I quickly replied.

"Show us your hand, Zayn," Niall sternly commanded. I reluctantly pulled my hand out, slowly, showing my bloody knuckles. The gasped and rushed over to my side, when they saw it.

"What the hell did you do, Zayn?!" Niall exclaimed.

"Um, punched the wall..." I replied, embarrassed. Louis looked at me oddly, "Why would you do that?"

"B-Because of.... Rachel..." I mumbled. Liam sighed, "Come on, let's just take you to the doctor."

"No," I protested, "Mason is crying, and I need to take care of him."

"Niall and Louis can," Liam replied, "You need to go get your knuckles checked out. Let's go Zayn."

I sighed, "Fine, I'll go."

------------

Okay, well chapter is up! Hope you liked it. It's kind of a filler chapter, but oh well, I tried. Comment, follow, and fave! Bye lovelies! -Madison
P.s. There is only one more chapter left!!!! :D