Crash

Screaming filled the plane, and the plane was headed straight towards the ground. I looked at Niall, scared out of my mind, he looked the same. I tried to control my rapid breathing, and had a death grip on Niall's arm. I held on tightly to him, as the plane hurtled towards the ground.

Screams filled my mind as the passenger's were screaming their heads off. I couldn't even comprehend all that was happening. My mind was in a panic, and I was scared beyond belief.

Suddenly, there was a large bang, and the plane crashed into the ground. I felt my body lurching forward due to the huge impact. My body hit the seats in front of me, even though I had a seat belt on. Smoke began to encircle everyone. I was soon coughing and trying to take in any oxygen left in the air. I felt the heat in the plane starting rise. Is saw flames starting to enter the plane. The screams continued.

"W-We have to get out!" Niall exclaimed, still holding tightly to my hand. He pulled me up, and we started to walk onto the aisle way.

"Everyone we need to exit the plane now, the plane is about to burst into flames and you will be trapped," The pilot loudly announced. The panic continued. People were pushing past Niall and I, trying to exit. Everyone pushed past us, and Niall and I couldn't get out. I started to panic, and tried to push past everyone, but they would only push past me. Someone pushed me down, and I fell to the ground. Niall quickly pulled me back up. Then, I saw her.

I turned and saw the girl who was sitting behind us still sitting, unconscious. I ran towards her, just as the flames were increasing.

"NICOLE!" Niall yelled from a few seats away.

"Get up, get up!" I begged the girl, who was unconscious. She wasn't waking, so I had to pick her up. I threw her arm over my shoulder, and started to lug her out of the plane. I heard a scream, and noticed the fire was increasing. I could see that fire had licked the girl's leg, but it wasn't her screaming. I turned to see that Niall had fallen to the ground, because the fire had reached him.

"NIALL!" I screamed. I saw two guys, quickly help him up, and carried him out of the plane. I remember seeing his agonized face in pain. I reached down to pull myself farther, when the fire touched my hand.

I screamed at the horrid pain that had touched my hand. I had to keep going on. I was still on the plane, and the flames were starting to surround me. I was beginning to panic. I pulled the girl towards the exit, and could see that the fire was starting to reach her. I finally reached the exit, and jumped out. I felt the clear air entering my lungs, as I gasped for breath.

Then, I saw Niall. He was unconscious, and some people were trying to treat him, "Niall!" I yelled for him, but my voice was hoarse from the smoke that had entered my lungs. I held onto the girl I had taken out of the plane. I coughed, trying to get the smoke out of my lungs. I fell to the ground, violently coughing, the girl fell with me. I clutched my lungs, trying to remove the horrible feeling. Soon, I felt light-headed. I could see some people rushing over to me, as black spots entered my vision. I blacked out, as people finally reached me.

*

I opened my eyes to see I was in what looked like a hospital. I noticed that I was laid in a hospital bed and wearing a hospital gown. I felt a stinging sensation in my hands. I looked down to see that my hands were bandaged. Then, it all hit me. Niall and I were in a plane crash. Then... Where am I now?

I sat up and looked around the room. I then noticed I wasn't the only one in this room. Laying on the bed next to me was the girl who was on the plane. I don't even know her name....

Wait, where's Niall? I began to panic. I don't know where I am and I don't know what happened to Niall. I pulled myself out of the hospital bed, and walked towards the door. I slowly turned the knob to see a busy hallway. I was barefoot and felt the cool floor against my feet. I stood there for a moment, unsure of where I was going. I took a step forward, and someone noticed me.

"Where are you going?" I concerned nurse asked me, as she walked over to me.

"I-I just need to see my boyfriend," I answered, "He was burned really badly and I-I need to see if he's okay."

The nurse's expression calmed, when she realized what I was talking about, "Were you on the plane crash?" She asked. I nodded.

"Let's go back to your room first," She said to me. She motioned for me to walk back in. I opened the door back up, and walked into the small room.

"A few people died due to the fire in the plane," She explained. I felt like I was dying now. I felt tears starting to fall from my eyes, "I-Is he dead?" I whispered.

"What's his name, dear?" She asked me, kindly.

"N-Niall Horan," I stuttered, trying to prevent the tears from falling.

"I'll go check," she told me, before leaving. I collapsed on my bed, sobbing. I covered my face with the pillow, and sobbed my eyes out. What if he's dead? H-How will I be able to go on?

Suddenly, the door opened again. The nurse walked back over to me, "I realize now who you're talking about. The press are all here trying to find out information about him. Don't worry, dear. He is fine."

I sighed in relief, and wiped away my tears, "O-Oh, thank you. C-Can I go see him?"

"Well, there's another part to this story," The nurse told me, "He is going through surgery right now. He had really bad burns on his back, and they have to replace the skin on his back."

"When will his surgery be done?" I asked the nurse, my voice quiet.

"I'm not sure right now, but I do know they aren't excepting visitors for him right now. Since he is famous, they don't want much information getting out," The nurse told me.

"Is there any way I can call someone?" I asked. The nurse nodded, "Yeah, but they would probably know by now."

I frowned, "What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's all over the news," She answered, "Ten people died, and many were injured. But, the main reason is that Niall Horan and Nicole Everense were on the plane... Wait, then, you must be Nicole Everense, correct?" She asked. I nodded, "Yes, that's me."

"Well, then you can be admitted to visit Niall when his surgery is finished," She told me, "I'm sorry, but I have to go. You have a phone by your bed. You can call whoever you want."

She quickly rushed out of the room, leaving me alone, well besides the other girl who was unconscious. I reached over and picked up the phone. I decided that I would first dial Liam's number. I dialed it, and then pressed call. I placed the phone against my ear, waiting for Liam to answer.

"Hello?" Liam asked into the phone.

"Liam, it's me, Nicole," I said. I heard Liam say something, but it was muffled, then he said, "Thank God you're okay. The plane crash is all over the news. You're okay, right?!"

"Yeah, my hands were just burned," I answered.

"What about Niall?" Liam asked, his voice concerned.

"H-He's somewhat okay," I replied, "He's also in the hospital, but I can't visit him yet. He's going through surgery because he was badly burned on his back. I-I thought h-he was dead..." I whispered the ending statement, because I was about to cry.

"It's okay, Nicole," Liam comforted me, "I would come see you, but there is no way I'll be able to get plane tickets only three days before Christmas."

"Wait, I was unconscious for two days?" I asked.

"Yeah, you were I guess..." Liam mumbled.

"Um... Do you know where I am?" I asked, it seemed like a stupid question, but I really don't know.

"According to the news you're in Belfast, Ireland," Liam told me, "But, shouldn't you already know that?"

"I woke up like five minutes ago," I told him. Suddenly, I felt my head pounding, "Liam, my head is really hurting, so I'm gonna go. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, call me when you can see Niall, too," Liam said, "Bye Nicole."

I hung up the phone, and set it back in the receiver. I rested my head on the pillow, hoping it would somehow cure my headache. I sighed, and then fell asleep.
*

I woke up to someone tapping my shoulder. My eyes rolled open, and I could see that one nurse I talked to before waking me up, "I just wanted to tell you that Niall's surgery is finished, and you can go visit him."

A smile spread over my face, "Can I go now?" I asked, happily. She nodded, and I quickly pulled myself out of bed. I followed behind the nurse, who led me over to a room that had the door closed. She opened up the door for me, and motioned for me to walk in. I walked into the room, and saw Niall laying on his bed. I could see that he had a few burns on his face and arms, but only minor ones. His bad burn was on his back, which I couldn't see right now.

A smile spread across my face when I saw him, "N-Niall," I whispered. I saw him also smile when he saw me. I quickly walked over to his side. I crouched onto the floor, so I was at his eye level, and rested my hands against the siding of the bed.

"I-I thought I w-was going to lose y-you," I whispered, I felt a few tears roll down my cheeks.

"I promised you I wouldn't ever leave you," He whispered, his voice still a little hoarse. I felt a few tears spring to my eyes, but this time they were happy tears.

"I also thought I lost you," Niall whispered, "When I saw you go back for the girl, I wasn't sure if you'd make it. I was horrified when I realized I didn't see if you go back in time. I'm so glad you're here."

I held onto his hand, the only thing I could hold onto. I squeezed it tightly, reminding me that he was still here. I smiled up at him, and pushed a few loose strands of hair out of my face. I realized there was something else that Niall had that wasn't burned. I leaned in, and pressed my lips against his. It was one of those kisses that reassures you and makes you extremely happy at the same time.

We parted, and I stared into his eyes for a moment. I leaned my head against the siding of the bed, and stared into his eyes, as I rested there.

"We should just never leave each other's side," Niall whispered, "It would make life a whole lot better."

I smiled, "Very true," I whispered, as I stared up at him.

*

*Clara's P.O.V.*

One week after the crash, I opened my eyes to searing pain in my leg, but I was happy to be fully aware of my surroundings, I could see I was in a hospital, I didn't realize why. Then I saw another girl, across the room, sat upright in a bed, her hands were bandaged, she looked pale and ill, but still had a smile plastered over her face.

"Hey," she croaked, "you're up!"

"Urmm yeah, you're here? I'm here? What's wrong?"

"Our plane crashed, you're very badly burnt and you breathed in a lot of smoke" she replied.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I burnt my hands a bit, it doesn't matter"

Then it all came back, she had rescued me, she came back on the plane to save me, she risked her life for me.

"Y-you saved me, you're my hero," I weakly whispered.

"No, I just didn't want to leave you" she replied.

"I don't even know you?" I asked.

"I'm Nicole, Nicole Everense" she whispered.

"I'm Clara Thompson"

"Thank you Nicole, thank you" I whispered, before drifting into sleep.