Gone

I opened up my window, creating a blast of cold air. I grabbed my suitcase, and threw it out the window. Now it's my turn. I started to climb out the window, holding onto the ledge. My feet fit into the notches of the bricks. I carefully climbed down the brick wall, grabbing different notches in the wall. I reached the bottom, and jumped down, when I was a few feet from the ground. I picked up my suitcase, and walked along the sidewalk. I'm pretty sure there's a hotel nearby. I can stay there for the night, then I'll go to a hotel farther away. I walked down the sidewalk, watching cars pass by. It was 12:30 in the morning, so nobody was on the streets. The cold February wind nipped at my face as I walked. It was a longer walk to the hotel, and all I could think about was Harry and Niall. Who do I love anymore? First, I thought Niall was my true love, and then I fell in love with Harry. Then, I felt extremely jealous when Meredith kissed Niall, and now.... I don't know what to think. Who am I in love with? Or am I in love at all?

Every step jarred my body. I was tired, but there's no way I'm stopping. Why didn't I do this long ago? I could've avoided the boys getting hurt mentally and physically. I only stayed because of Niall, and then Harry. But, now, would anyone even care if I left? Who knows...? All I know is that I need to learn to live on my own. I always depend on others. Now, it's time for me to go my own way.

I saw the town come in sight, and the streetlights lit the way. I saw the hotel coming in sight. I wheeled my suitcase over to the front door, and pushed it open. A blast of warm air invited me in. I walked up to the front desk, my hair wind-whipped, and my cheeks flushed.

"May I get a room?" I asked. The lady nodded, and I paid for the room. I was handed the card to get in. I grabbed the handle of my suitcase, and I lugged it over to the elevator. I walked in, and clicked the 2 button to take me to the second floor. I got off, and walked down to room 216. I found it, and unlocked the door with the card. It opened up, so I walked in. The room was clean and inviting. I set my suitcase on the floor beside my bed. I opened it, and pulled out a pair of pajamas. I stripped off my clothes, and changed into them. I crawled into my bed, and threw the covers over my cold body. I felt warmer, making me more relaxed. I felt my eyes starting to close. Within a minute, I fell asleep.

*Harry's P.O.V.*

I yawned, as I woke up. What time is it? I glanced at the clock, nine in the morning. I pulled myself out of bed, and lazily threw on an outfit. I wonder if the others are awake? If they're not, then I can go talk to Nicole. I walked out of my room, and into the hallway. I didn't hear anything, so I assume they're asleep. I quietly walked over to Nicole's room. I opened the door, and walked in. I frowned as I saw her covers were all undone, and she wasn't in bed. I walked over to her bed. I noticed something on the end of it. It was some jewelry, and a note. The jewelry was a promise ring and a necklace Niall gave her. And, there was also the owl necklace I gave her for her birthday. I picked up the note and read it:

Dear Boys,

I assume you'll get this the next morning, so whoever gets this first; I need to tell you something important. I've decided to leave. Do not try to find me. I need to learn to live without depending on others. I just need to get away from all the problems I'm having. Everything is complicated, from love to hate to just being scared. If I leave, maybe your fans will be happy, and I'll stop getting hate from them. It's all for the good. I hope you can understand. I need to stop lying. Niall, I have to tell you the truth. Harry and I have been dating for over a week now. He was there for me, and you weren't. I'm sorry if you're mad at me for that, but I needed someone to help me when I was suffering, and Harry was there. Niall, I know that you kissed Meredith. I saw it happen with my own two eyes last night. I shouldn't be jealous, because I'm dating Harry, but I was. I don't know who I have feelings for anymore. Harry, I do love you, but then again I'm confused. I think I still might have feelings for Niall. It's hard to completely let go of him. I think it's best if I don't date anyone. If I do, I might break someone' heart. I'm sorry Harry, but we have to break up. I love you, but I can't continue secretly kissing and dating. I hope you understand. And Niall, we won't be getting back together. I'm sorry it had to turn out this way. I hope you all understand that it's better if you don't come find me. It will be best if I live on my own.
Love,
Nicole

I stared at the note for a minute, rereading it. She can't be serious, right? She was just going to admit our secret?! I thought we were in love?! We can't just let everyone know. I'm not going to let her. I smashed up the note, and stuffed it into my pocket. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper and pen, and wrote a decoy note:

Dear Boys,

I'm sorry to tell you this, but I ran away. I'm just so depressed all the time, and I need to get away from all these complications. I hope you understand.
Love,
Nicole

Good enough, I thought. I stuffed the jewelry in pocket, also. I felt a breeze blow in. I glanced over, to see the window was open. I quickly ran over towards it, and looked down. Nothing. She actually left?! No, this is not good! I quickly ran downstairs.

"Nicole!" I yelled, "Please tell me this isn't a joke!"

"Why are you yelling, Harry?" Zayn groaned, as he walked down the staircase.

"Nicole is missing!" I exclaimed. Zayn looked at me shocked, "Are you telling the truth?"

"I guess I am..." I replied, "Nicole left a note, explaining it."

"Damn it..." Zayn muttered, under his breath. I quickly ran up to Nicole's room. I saw Liam walk in behind me.

"Nicole is missing," I explained to him.

"Was she kidnapped?!" Liam exclaimed. I shook my head, "No, she ran away."

"How do you know?" Liam asked.

"She left this note," I replied, handing Liam the decoy note. Liam grabbed it, and read it. I watched his eyes skim from line to line, reading every word. Liam finished, and looked up, "Why did she leave?"

I shrugged, "I have no idea..."

"This is really weird..." Liam mumbled, "Do you think she has her phone on her?"

I shook my head and pointed to the phone on the side table.

"Shit..." Liam muttered under his breath, "What should we do?"

"I guess we should go find her, and take her back," I said, starting to turn and walked towards the door. I reached the doorway, and turned around, when I realized Liam wasn't following me. I stood in the doorway, looking at him confused, "Come on."

"Does she really want to come back?" Liam asked. I frowned, "What are you trying to say?" I asked. Liam took the note from my hands, "She's running away. Does she really want us taking her back? Maybe she just needs some time alone. She has been through a lot. She may just need to get away from everything for a little."

"You can't be serious, right?!" I exclaimed, "She could be in danger!"

"Why are you so concerned?" Liam asked, suspiciously.

"Liam, shouldn't you be more concerned?" I asked, angrily.

"Well, I'm not really worried, Nicole has been living with us for two years now. Maybe she just wants some time away from us. Nicole has been through a lot. Getting away from everything I could help push away all her worries. It could help her become less depressed. She's not dating anyone right now, so she isn't breaking anyone's heart," Liam explained.

"Y-Yeah," I replied, "But shouldn't we try getting her back?"

"I don't know," Liam replied, "Knowing Nicole, it won't take her long to come back. Maybe we should just let her go for a little. If she doesn't come back within a week, then we can go looking for her."

I sighed, "I guess that's okay."

Suddenly, Niall walked in, "What's going on?" he asked, groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"Nicole ran away," I replied, acting like it was any casual event. Niall stared at me, ".... What?"

"Nicole ran away, she left this note," Liam explained, handing him the note. Niall snatched it, and read over it. He finished reading, and looked back up at us, "Well, let's go get her."

Liam frowned, "We aren't going to."

"Why the hell aren't we going to do anything?!" Niall asked, angrily, raising his voice.

"She wants to leave, so we're going to let her," Liam replied.

"You do realize that danger attracts to her, right?!" Niall asked.

"Isn't it best if we just let her go on her own for a little?" Liam asked, "It might help her get rid of her worries, and maybe become a little less depressed. When she's ready she can come back to us."

Niall sighed, "... I guess you're right."

"GUYS GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" I heard Louis screech. We all looked at each other, frowning. Liam made the first, and walked out of the door. Niall and I followed behind. We walked down the hallway, and down the staircase. I saw Louis and Zayn standing by the counter, holding what looked like a magazine. Liam, Niall, and I crowded around them.

"What is it?" Niall asked. Louis looked me directly in the eyes, "Harry, can you explain this?"

Louis held up the magazine, showing everyone. On the front cover was a picture of Nicole and me kissing on our first date.

----------------

Didn't see that coming, did you?! Or, maybe you did.... I don't really know. I noticed that a lot of you guys seem to be able to easily guess what was going to happen, so I decided to change it up. I wanted to ask you, do you think my writing has improved? Like when I first started Save You Tonight, and now, has my writing become better? I've been trying really hard to be more descriptive, has it paid off? I want to know. Also, tell me of anything I should improve on! I love to hear your feedback! Please tell me! Well, comment, follow, and fave! Bye lovelies! -Madison